View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

How can I stop BO?

no. 1 REBA fan  said about 7 years ago  or at  9:57PM on Thursday, March 1 2007 in chat

This is a serious question. Roll on deodarants do nothing. Is there anything you can get at a pharamacy. I was thinking like something you put under your armpits to absorb the sweat, like girls use for thier periods.

Barman  said about 7 years ago:

Try two sheep.

gobetween  said about 7 years ago:

Drink lot's of water. Mitchum is a good deoderant, it has no aliminium and is very effective.

kuroneko  said about 7 years ago:

Dress shields used to be common, have a look at this site.

Have you tried those deodorant crystals?

Maybe you could get some facial wipes also and wipe under your arms miday and re-deoderise when neccesary?

flobs  said about 7 years ago:

Get one of those crystals - they sell em in health food shops and sometimes the health foods section in larger supermarkets. They kill the bacteria that make the smell.

Cut down on the meat and beer, eat lots of parsley!

Also. Do more excercise on a regular basis so your sweat glands and body are active and healthy and your sweat isn't stale.

no. 1 REBA fan  said about 7 years ago:

Where do I get dress shields from?

did you check the link?

Amy  said about 7 years ago:

I read somewhere you can get a botox-like substance injected into your sweat glands to stop it. Mind you, i may well have read that some celebrity got it done in some new weekly issue so i'm not sure how credible the source is.

Another thing, use a soap that is not overly harsh on the skin, you might want to try some dermatolgist type body wash and see how you go with that. Mostly Water, Excercise and Diet.

Yeah, but it looks like an American site. Can't I buy them somewhere down here?

no idea. Americans are bigger than we are on 'hygiene products'.

I guess you could always just stick some panty liners under your armpits, they look pretty much alike!

raincoat  said about 7 years ago:

you can have an operation to remove some of your sweat glands if its a serious problem

you said panty

Those deodarant crystals look ok. Has anyone seen any in the Body shop? or a pharamacy?

The problem is the sweat absorbs onto my clothes so then my clothes stink.

If you have excessive bo, it's a sign that something isn't right health wise. You should treat the cause rather then the symptoms. Have you checked your thyroids? Are you overwieght? Do you wear clean clothes and wash as regularly as you should?

wear cotten clothing. synthetics make you sweat more. are you a boy or girl?

I know raincoat, I disgust myself. I hate the word.

The main reason is because I get nervous easily. Not because it's hot or anything. Also I'm skinny as.

View Comments 20 to 48

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

I did not say anywhere that it "caused" cancer. Link and Cause are two very different words.

Modi  said about 7 years ago:

"Aluminium has been linked to cancer" is a conclusive statement one could argue.

But hey, I use aluminium based deodorant, and it doesn't concern me in the slightest.

You are thick Modi. Where are your critical thinking skills?

Don't play semantics with me, I am pretty good at that game.

You were clearly intending for the "link" to indicate that it was in some way a causal agent.

Or were you hinting that aluminium cures cancer?

No, My employers don't hire thickies to teach science.

gobetween said: In fact sweating is a sign that the body is very healthy.

No necessarily, it can be a symptom of weak lung chi in chinese medicine...

My cousin had keyhole surgery to cure her sweaty palms... weird...

I'm hardly likely to get breast cancer, am I?

Temet  said about 7 years ago:

Men can get breast cancer.

Flobs, this is true. However what I was trying to express was that if the body sweats easily during excercise it's a good thing. People also sweat when they have a fever and are very sick also.

I know temet, it's a hell of a lot more rare though.

indeed

Sweating and BO are not the same thing anyway.

Sweat is basically the same as urine, though, no wonder it's a bit whiffy.

I used to get sweaty palms and forehead also from stressing. I know it sounds weird but drinking green tea and eating food with chilli, rice fresh veggies and salads and doing excercise (Food that isn't stodgy and is cleanising) somehow makes me feel like its helping. I doubt whethere there is any scientific evidence to support this claim though.

Peter  said about 7 years ago:

I sweat like a pig, fart like a racehorse, piss like an elephant and root like a rabbit. I reckon I'm fairly healthy.

emiliabedilia  said about 7 years ago:

i agree, smelly people always tell you they like mitchum. like you can skip a day with that one. I've been smelly lately and realized it was diet. I left the wierd-food country i'm living in and went to normal-food europe and stopped stinking.

They say that hot and spicey food takes care of body odor cause under arm bacteria doesn't like it and it sometimes kills the bacteria. Lots of curry works, but you'll smell like curry instead. Mexican food is also good for smelliness.

charlesincharge  said about 7 years ago:

I sweat like a cunt but smell like pansies. I can't work it out. I wish I didn't sweat like a cunt.

puretokyo  said about 7 years ago:

flobs what's the deal with this keyhole surgery thing? how did they cure the sweaty palms?

sorry, puretokyo. I don't know the details... pm me if you want me to find out

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.