View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

guns n roses

adamdmills  said about 8 years ago  or at  4:22PM on Tuesday, January 30 2007 in music

without a trace of irony, i'm really enjoying the use your illusion albums right now. i've not listened to them in a while.

let the lynching begin.

tilljames  said about 8 years ago:

fucken awesome.
appetite for destruction - what an album.

le_disco  said about 8 years ago:

lynching? absolutely no way. much respect for gunners.

PaulsGrandfather  said about 8 years ago:

Sweet Child O Mine is a brilliant driving-to-Meredith song.

aquatic  said about 8 years ago:

20 million went into making the new album.

dont quote me here but it could be out late march 07

rosiefantail  said about 8 years ago:

They're great albums. Awesome to sing along with.

cheezel  said about 8 years ago:

a friend of mine left a copy of use your illusion,in view in his car so bogans whouldn't break into his car,seemed to work.!

<wouldn't>

a friend of mine left a copy of use your illusion,in view in his car so bogans whouldn't break into his car,seemed to work.!

what if the bogan didnt have use your illusion? a stolen copy if better then a bought one. axl taught me that

aquatic - almost guarantee march won't happen.
i do believe some time this year though.
i really think this is the year...

miss katie  said about 8 years ago:

don't get bradmurray started....

aquatic-he fugured they'd already have it.

apparently for the last 10 years all axls been doing is waking up around noon, drives to the studio sometimes without a single idea of what he was going to do, get home, work out, go to bed and start all over again..... sounds depressing

hiponion  said about 8 years ago:

that's what he was doing beforehand, though, people were just recording it

versionsporadic  said about 8 years ago:

>work out

i don't think so. have you not seen any recent photos of mr sausage face? he must spent a fair amount of time (and money) having someone fuck about with his plugs.

anyone who hears it has to sign an agreement not to talk about it outside the studio.

although sebastian bach was asked about it recently in an interview and he said "In one word.... GRAND!"

versionsporadic  said about 8 years ago:

and why would you trust that cunt;s opinion?

adamdmills  said about 8 years ago:

i can't believe i remember every lyric to every song.....

it's fuckin awesome!

he works out? last time i saw him he looked like a fat washed out cunt!?!

sebastian bach is the greatest thing to happen to music eva.
skid row self titled - what an album...

fastcanoe  said about 8 years ago:

Plus he saved that Sydney show many years ago.. GNR were dull as shit.

View Comments 20 to 780

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

mrmagoo  said 7 days ago:

Eddie McGuire Approved (c) Cherry Bar's James Young

Pan Amateur  said 7 days ago:

if there is any reunion it will probably be a ''history of guns'' revue where former members are brought out to play old songs after an hour of suffering through Chinese Democracy/NuGuns songs. It will end with Axl backed by 15 members to do Paradise City with an extended audience singalong part.

__v  said 7 days ago:

LIVE ERA TRACEY+ROBERTA

slothman  said 7 days ago:

if it is true, AJ says he'll be done.

fingers crossed

Northside  said 7 days ago:

Axl is fiercely loyal to those who say 'yes Axl' to his every whim. Can't see Dizzy Reed being left out of this; complete douchbag that he is.

Will Buckethead get a look in?

bigdaddykane  said 7 days ago:

Whats wrong with Dizzy?

Dizzy = Axl yes man. The addition of Dizzy and Sorum transformed Guns from a punk styled blues based rock band to a stadium act. Also his parts ruined Chinese Democracy, Axl should have fired him too.

sting-bono  said 7 days ago:

I never understood the backlash for 'the spaghetti incident' it was a good concept and has some decent songs.

Spaghetti Incident was released after grunge broke, i was seen as a bloated and try hard affair. In retrospect it is quite good, Duff shines on it.

turkey_sandwich  said 7 days ago:

that'd be a great don't look back gig - the (original-ish lineup) of guns n' roses playing the spaghetti incident in it's entirety.

Izzy was on most of it, then had his parts replaced note for note by Gilby Clarke. Rock n roll excess.

Kez  said 7 days ago:

Remind me (cos I'm too lazy to look things up) - what was the early connection between Guns N Roses and LA Guns? Phil Lewis is a pom (from UK band Girl, along with pre Def Leppard Phil Collen) but I know there was some sort of intermingling - was Axl the singer before Lewis or something? Clue me in (It's been a while).

Axl and Izzy were in Hollywood Rose, then in LA Guns with Tracii Guns. Slash was in one of them for a bit, maybe LA Guns after failing an audition to join Poison. Anyway the three of them formed Guns and after a few shows got Duff and Adler who'd already played with Slash in Road Crew.

Kez  said 5 days ago:

Cheers, Pan.

Charnystyle  said 4 days ago:

AJ stayed silent on this until the ''pre-sale without knowing which bands are playing'' was over. Now he confirms it isn't going to happen in 2016:

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/aj-maddah-breaks-silence-on-that-soundwave-2016-headline-rumour/

Pan Amateur  said 3 days ago:

anything short of a full band reunion is trickery.

RoastOxCrisps  said 3 days ago:

I learned the intro to ''Welcome to the Jungle'' on the mandolin this morning. My daughter was nonplussed.

blackmissionary  said 3 days ago:

I learned the intro to ''Welcome to the Jungle'' on the mandolin this morning. My daughter was nonplussed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cfcq5jnEM4

Kez  said 3 days ago:

Pan Amateur said 6 hours ago:

anything short of a full band reunion is trickery.

They'd need Adler to show his face on stage so they can get the merch bux from the iconic Appetite logo on shirts:

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.