View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

guns n roses

adamdmills  said about 7 years ago  or at  4:22PM on Tuesday, January 30 2007 in music

without a trace of irony, i'm really enjoying the use your illusion albums right now. i've not listened to them in a while.

let the lynching begin.

tilljames  said about 7 years ago:

fucken awesome.
appetite for destruction - what an album.

le_disco  said about 7 years ago:

lynching? absolutely no way. much respect for gunners.

PaulsGrandfather  said about 7 years ago:

Sweet Child O Mine is a brilliant driving-to-Meredith song.

aquatic  said about 7 years ago:

20 million went into making the new album.

dont quote me here but it could be out late march 07

rosiefantail  said about 7 years ago:

They're great albums. Awesome to sing along with.

cheezel  said about 7 years ago:

a friend of mine left a copy of use your illusion,in view in his car so bogans whouldn't break into his car,seemed to work.!

<wouldn't>

a friend of mine left a copy of use your illusion,in view in his car so bogans whouldn't break into his car,seemed to work.!

what if the bogan didnt have use your illusion? a stolen copy if better then a bought one. axl taught me that

aquatic - almost guarantee march won't happen.
i do believe some time this year though.
i really think this is the year...

miss katie  said about 7 years ago:

don't get bradmurray started....

aquatic-he fugured they'd already have it.

apparently for the last 10 years all axls been doing is waking up around noon, drives to the studio sometimes without a single idea of what he was going to do, get home, work out, go to bed and start all over again..... sounds depressing

hiponion  said about 7 years ago:

that's what he was doing beforehand, though, people were just recording it

versionsporadic  said about 7 years ago:

>work out

i don't think so. have you not seen any recent photos of mr sausage face? he must spent a fair amount of time (and money) having someone fuck about with his plugs.

anyone who hears it has to sign an agreement not to talk about it outside the studio.

although sebastian bach was asked about it recently in an interview and he said "In one word.... GRAND!"

versionsporadic  said about 7 years ago:

and why would you trust that cunt;s opinion?

adamdmills  said about 7 years ago:

i can't believe i remember every lyric to every song.....

it's fuckin awesome!

he works out? last time i saw him he looked like a fat washed out cunt!?!

sebastian bach is the greatest thing to happen to music eva.
skid row self titled - what an album...

fastcanoe  said about 7 years ago:

Plus he saved that Sydney show many years ago.. GNR were dull as shit.

View Comments 20 to 702

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

samiek  said about 1 year ago:

Jon Bon, face work? really???? pic???

I mean has he pulled off getting old? I tend to think he's done ok for an 80s hair rocker?

Northside  said about 1 year ago:

Moke, GnR were never really an 80s hair band. When Appetite for Destruction came out, it sounded nothing like what those other sunset strip bands were doing and was the first nail in the hair/glam metal coffin. The last being grunge. Axl and Steve Adler are the only members of GNR to age badly. The rest of them look tip top. Especially Izzy. BTW, that impersonator is amazing.

slothman  said about 1 year ago:

yeah. hollywood jon looks okay. axl looks a bit better without the cornrows for sure.

slothman  said about 1 year ago:

i've maybe already said this here. i don't really like GnR that much but they are a fascinating subject.

that dude in the video NEEDS a job with the original line up. surely there's gotta be some sort of legal loophole they can do for a one off special show, sell a dvd of it and donate the money to charity.

moke  said about 1 year ago:

Yeah, I guess Guns don't really fit into the hair metal genre. They're like a genre of their own.

losgauchos  said about 1 year ago:

That Axl impersonator is awesome. I'd love the other guys to play a show with him and the audience thinking that it is the real Axl. The way he is going he'll look like a tubby Mexican within a few years anyway. I reckon Steve Adler would be up for it.

losgauchos  said about 1 year ago:

Izzy and Duff look good, they've both been sober since the 90s. Steve Adler...poor dude.

losgauchos  said about 8 months ago:

Chinese Democracy turns 5 this week...maybe Axl can tour it again.

anonymous  said about 8 months ago:

BDO!

losgauchos  said about 5 months ago:

Axl loves his Vegas residencies, it is his fat Elvis period. He's still peddling Appetite, both the album and his girth.

gabbo  said about 5 months ago:

no trickery.

implying trickery in the past.

losgauchos  said about 5 months ago:

Izzy, Slash and Duff were tricking you into believing they were real GNR members like Buckethead, Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba.

my childhood memories are a bit fuzzy, so yeah, i probably should give bumblefoot the benefit of the doubt.

__v  said about 5 months ago:

Guns N’ Roses wowed fans and critics in 2012 with its first residency, Appetite for Democracy, at The Joint. The exclusive run featured a jam-packed set list, explosive pyrotechnics, eye-popping stage display and much more. This year’s engagement is bound to bring even more surprise elements as the group takes over for a once-in-a-lifetime rock ‘n’ roll experience.

Designed exclusively for The Joint in partnership with AEG Live, Guns N’ Roses’ An Evening of Destruction. No Trickery! residency will feature an all-new production to highlight the band’s legacy.

But no trickery.

__v  said about 5 months ago:

If ''rock'n' roll'' was a dog, I would shoot it.

that sounds like they might be staging a play. can't wait for axl to show us his interpretive dance explaining his struggles with the record company, set to the rocking intensity of 'My World'.

moke  said about 5 months ago:

Sigh.

No hair metal band has really survived with any dinity, have they? I mean, Guns were easily the best of the lot and almost don't deserve to be lumped in with the rest of them. The others, all being far less dangerous and culturally relevant. But, I did somewhat niavely, hope that these guys would not end up being an absolute joke.

SnoopDoug  said about 5 months ago:

Your childhood memories are a bit fuzzy gabbo? I thought they'd be a fresh as the bright blue sky?

I guess, but when they take me away to that special place, if I stare too long, I'd probably break down and cry.

such a tough upbringing.

GOD  said about 5 months ago:

No hair metal band has really survived with any dignity, have they?

Kip Winger (of um... 'Winger') moved into classical stylings: http://www.kipwinger.com/

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.