View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Kevin Rudd for PM?

croozer  said about 2 years ago  or at  12:44AM on Thursday, February 23 2012 in chat

I predict Gangsta Rudd will be PM next week.

steveholt  said about 2 years ago:

Press conference now. He's challenging for leadership.

What a fucking circus!

jhf92  said about 2 years ago:

What? He didn't say he's challenging. Said he'll make a statement when he gets back (in about 24 hours).

ghoti-max  said about 2 years ago:

RUDD IS PRIME MINISTER NOW!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!

losgauchos  said about 2 years ago:

I reckon he has the numbers to take down Gillard, Swan, Albanese and Shorten.

etiquetteyet?  said about 2 years ago:

Simon Crean was just on 774, telling John Thain he is very confident Rudd doesn't have the numbers. Is a shame, the ALP will go to shit when, inevitably, Rudd ends up resigning when he loses. Rudd is really the only one who can save it though.

TheBastard  said about 2 years ago:

losgauchos said 1 minute ago:
I reckon he has the numbers to take down Gillard, Swan, Albanese and Shorten.

Wow, you're confident. How do you know? How do they figure this crap out? Is it just gossip or do they put this stuff on their FB status updates? Can someone explain this to me?

losgauchos  said about 2 years ago:

Sportsbet has Gillard at $1.28 and Rudd at $3.50 for the leadership win. I'm not a betting man, but I reckon Rudd might surprise us all and get the numbers to take down Gillard and puppet masters Albanese, Crean and Shorten. I reckon Swan might get to keep his portfolio if it goes to Rudd.

Swan hasn't said anything positive about Rudd though in the last day or two, that would be a maaaaaasive back flip

jhf92  said about 2 years ago:

Crean on now. He reminds me of Howard (in looks and the way he speaks)

dazmurray  said about 2 years ago:

I'm thinking of applying.

charlesincharge  said about 2 years ago:

Swan attacked Rudd pretty badly. Its embarrassing. If everything Gillard turns to shit.. people would probably be best not listening to her tactics in dealing with the issue. If he was so bad then why was he Foreign Minister??

littlesmoke  said about 2 years ago:

Rudd was a train wreck....they won't have him back.

dimestorehood  said about 2 years ago:

@ daz - PM job advert, good laugh

charlesincharge  said about 2 years ago:

Gillard's press conference has been delayed for at least 30 mins. no doubt panicking over Rudd's latest move and stressing out. Another Rudd win.

astrousersasmind  said about 2 years ago:

Swan attacked Rudd pretty badly. Its embarrassing. If everything Gillard turns to shit.. people would probably be best not listening to her tactics in dealing with the issue. If he was so bad then why was he Foreign Minister??

That's what I was thinking. Man Rudd's phone bill is going to be massive this week.

Swan attacked Rudd pretty badly. Its embarrassing. If everything Gillard turns to shit..
people would probably be best not listening to her tactics in dealing with the issue. If he was > so bad then why was he Foreign Minister??

Actually, Rudd had a pretty good rep as foreign minister, and is certainly the most qualified MP to run the ministry, regardless of his ability to form working relationships.

If I was Rudd I wouldn't run for Prime Minister unless I really knew I had the numbers. Then I'd REALLY SHAKE THINGS UP and die in a blaze of glory, however short lived it be

If I didn't, I wouldn't contest the leadership at all, and take the moral high ground. The party would end up just looking like a bunch of media driven bullies and let them eat themselves. I'd then become a spokesman for climate change or something doing talks all around the world. But then Abbot would be around scheming like Mr Burns in The Simpsons...
we don't need him either.

I'm vindictive like that. I'm not mature enough to be able to handle so much pressure in any kind of responsible manner. And it also shows I have a limited knowledge on how the political system works and in no way have the manipulative skills to lever a situation to my advantage if I was by some weird chance involved.

This game of chess is KILLING ME!!!

Does this mean we have to VOTE AGAIN? I should check my enrolment details...hrmm

bamesjaker  said about 2 years ago:

Rudd's control freakdom was a disaster for the workings of government - nothing went anywhere without his sign-off. He'll struggle to get 33% of the Caucus vote.

It's a strange world when Dr Herbert Evatt looks like he'd be a calming influence on this disorganised rabble.

steveholt  said about 2 years ago:

What? He didn't say he's challenging. Said he'll make a statement when he gets back (in about 24 hours).

Read between the lines. That speech was nothing but an advertisement.

Anyway thats incidental, Gillard has just called a ballot for Monday. Shits about to get real.

View Comments 20 to 55

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

tangy_zizzle  said about 2 years ago:

Dr Pepper.

untold/animals  said about 2 years ago:

Cherry Cock.

rawr  said about 2 years ago:

poprocks96 said 22 minutes ago:

What's with the nbn being rolled out in Brunswick and Footscray (Franco Cozzo related?). > Get the rural places happening first.

Regional Backbone Blackspots project was just completed. 4000km of fibre to regional areas.

dazmurray said 20 minutes ago:

Didn't it get rolled out in Tasmania first?

correct.

rawr  said about 2 years ago:

woops, RBB link

etiquetteyet?  said about 2 years ago:

Brunswick is Bandt's...

Brunswick is actually in the Wills electorate, held by the ALP.

untold/animals  said about 2 years ago:

Derp me!

MissAustralia2003  said about 2 years ago:

anyone putting $ on Shorten to emerge from the party room humbly victorious on Monday? Recall how Abortt got in

gabbo  said about 2 years ago:

I still put money on Gillard.

I think clearing the air may improve her chances in the next election.

Brian O'Dwyer  said about 2 years ago:

hungryhungryhippo  said about 1 year ago:

Normally don't bother with leadership articles as they are just a waste is space but this made me lol:

''Amid general caucus angst over Labor's position, supporters of Kevin Rudd - recently badly burnt by being trapped into a premature move - are keeping well below the radar.''

The last ballot proved he had fuck all supporters and if you are the leaking rat challenger, you're hardly trapped into a premature move. The life of a political journo must be a charmed one.

eucalyptus  said about 9 months ago:

djbollocks  said about 9 months ago:

Good Lord.

eucalyptus  said about 9 months ago:

Oops, wrong jpeg. Next time.

anonymous  said about 5 months ago:

quitting parliament

black wasp!  said about 5 months ago:

Game of Thrones metaphors ring true

LoadMyRig  said about 5 months ago:

put on the pork a bit in the last couple of months. must be drinking fuckloads.

gabbo  said about 5 months ago:

...and stay out!

hungryhungryhippo  said about 5 months ago:

Whatever will Jessica Rudd so now?

steveholt  said about 5 months ago:

What a sorry tale. To think we all had so much hope after the 2007 election. Got sold a dummy .

astrousersasmind  said about 5 months ago:

Ben Pobjie tweets: BREAKING: Rudd confirms he will challenge for Labor leadership.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.