View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

DDC Sydney Season2

tinyman  said about 3 years ago  or at  11:59AM on Monday, October 3 2011 in chat

It's been a long time.

So if this was to start up again, before anything, maybe we should have a quick census. Who's new, who's left, who's in sydney and would like to play along?

tinyman  said about 3 years ago:

none. really? shame.

anonymous  said about 3 years ago:

sorry tinyman,

probably easier to arrange on facebook or the like.

mrsjackwhite  said about 3 years ago:

hey tinyman - we'd love to but we can only make certain nights a month. I know some others who'd be interested too but don't spend much time around these parts anymore... as anon said - maybe head to facebook??

but i'd been staying off facebook.

We can keep it here if it's easier for you?

well, no, no point doing that for me, i never have anything to contribute, i just go where people point me. :-P

Hazard_Man  said about 3 years ago:

Yeah, it can be resurrected. But FB invites are a good reminder. Just keep it on the main page, and the others will notice it soon enough.
Where in Sydney have people eaten lately, or are wanting to try out?

Any Melb chats visiting Syd soon, and want to dinner date it up?

SallySimpson  said about 3 years ago:

I am up for this.

FB would be better, though.

mrslooch  said about 3 years ago:

I am up for this too

but I'm not on FB so if you could let me know what / when is planned, that would be good. thanks!

yay! building momentum. we got enough players to start planning the level now. umm...

yes i have been playing lots of computer games lately.

Can I make a venue suggestion.... Porteno! Argentinian meatfest, and great for groups. On Cleveland Street, Surry Hills.

Mmmmm, meat! Good starting point me thinks.

Paging other Sydney chats to the thread... Raven? Medicineman? Annehelena? Cakey?

Ok... so it would seem that all but Raven have jumped the M&N ship. No wonder DDC died.
Ok, looks like Facebook is where this is going to happen. Good to initiate on here though.

flukazoid  said about 3 years ago:

Thanks tiny for pointing this out. I'm keen! I'll pass the word around to some gone-but-not-forgotteners.

raven  said about 3 years ago:

Yeah do it on F'book but we're in.

amplexus  said about 3 years ago:

i'd be into this.

Just a general bump, what's going on?

If nothing, then mrslooch's suggested location. Who's free when in the next 30 days? I'm free whenever.

Get this ball rolling.

*rolls ball*

Next week isn't too good for me.

Week after is fine, though.

I like the idea of a meat feast.

Wednesday 9th November??

is it ok for you if there's meat and stuff?

Thanks for thinking of me but I'm now omnivorous......

Let's do it.

This reminds me, mjw. I bumped into Looch a few weeks ago and discovered we all work near each other. We should have lunch/after work catch up soon.

Wed 9th happens to be no good for Maoam & me, sorry... Different but similar date?

if you're going to poo poo on one date at least name the specific alternatives. We want to narrow it down!

This reminds me, mjw. I bumped into Looch a few weeks ago and discovered we all work > near each other. We should have lunch/after work catch up soon.

Yes, yes, YES!!!!!!

Second and third week of November is looking pretty flexible right now, bar Thursday nights and we have a Gate gig on the 11th.

How about we use this to work it out? (use your handle if you prefer)

oooh. no need to set up a new account, just your name and what day works for you. fancy. no excuses now!

bumps!

OK well, we can't really do that many of the dates either. I've filled in the poll, so lettuce know what you thinkster.

Hey, what happened to the poll? Did someone click delete by mistake or did a free service expire?

I've got the dates stored here (will email, tiny) but someone got busy defacing the calendar.

Raven you hacker!

What did they put on it?

Shall we just pick a 2 week period. People say what days they can make and the night with the most attendees wins.

Done.

So what days are you free in the first 2 weeks of Nov or so?

Bump! C'mon, I don't want this to fall thru the gaps and fail, because I invited new sydney chats amplexus and eple to come along and it'd suck if it comes to nought. :-(

name your feasible dates in the first two weeks of Nov NEOW!

Current dates here!

Let's do this!

Haven't seen MJW in ages. I see Raven and Maoam all the time, sick of their faces. ;-P

I can do Wed 9th and Wed 16th.

Let's get this meat fest started!

Sorry I'm a little inflexible with dates this month. Wed 16th is Son No.2's birthday.

so, confirmed so far for Nov 9th, tiny, flukazoid, SallySimpson, mrsjackwhite.

cannot make it that day, raven & maoam and their stupid faces.

awaiting confirmations either way: amplexus, eple, hazard_man, looch and mrslooch.

I'm so dumb and inexperienced at these things I don't even understand what the following means.

Porteño accepts reservations for groups minimum of 5 and a maximum of 12 people. We offer 2 seatings; 6pm-8:30pm or 9pm-close. Groups of 8 or more are on a chef's selected banquet style menu for $70 per person.

Does that mean if we rock up at 7:30 they kick us out at 8:30?

First new thread of the new season of DDC coming soon. It'd suck if mrslooch suggested the place and couldn't come!

But there is a consolation prize. Me and flukazoid are thinking of going on a date seeing Kikuyu at a gig and meal at the Vanguard on Sunday Nov 6. Join us if you swing that way! No, for real, come along. No cheeky business if you don't want, promise!

don't forget to add phd to the list. I've also mentioned it to a couple of peeps so I'll get back to you. I'll call the Loochs this weekend.

I'm looking forward to this!

thanks for the messages tinyman. I can do the following dates:

Mon 7
Mon 14
Tue 15

Looks like Porteno will take bookings for groups of 5 to 12 people but if you have less or more than that then you take pot luck for when you get a table. will will likely have a group size where we can book although no worries if not, there is a bar upstairs where we can chat and drink while we wait..... if we can settle on a date!

oh balls! I wanted to accommodate MJW this time and go with Nov 9th cos she hardly ever gets along to one. :-( The Greek restaurant was the last time?

I can never spell restaurant correctly!

Thanks tinyman but go with the majority. We can start planning Dec instead!!

but- but- we were so close to confirming a date! i'll wait till monday for any more stragglers to further tilt the balance one way or another. where has haz_man been?

9th means MJW and SallySimpson

15th (cos midweek adventures are more fun at breaking up the working week) means Raven Maoam and MrsLooch. is Looch in?

Don't forget flukazoid can do the 9th too. And muzz.

Hello!

Dont have my work roster for either of those weeks yet, but a Tues night is more likely to be free. I'd be working no later than 8:30 any other night anyway, over at Pyrmont.

I reckon don't stress too much about numbers… in the tradition of past DDC's, set the date, and those who can make it will come. Remember the BBQ King DDC? Twas just you (tinyman), me, and nony.

Those who miss out this time, might make it next time.
Be sure to mention it to people off M&N as well like Anne, Cass, Tom, etc.
You'll be right :)

Exactly! Don't stress. Pick a date that majority of people can attend. I'm inflexible this month - I don't mind missing this one. I'm just happy that this is starting up again.

midweek ok except I rehearse Wednesdays.

PS thats Mr Looch

Obviously logged in as Mrs Looch

Mrs Looch here, we are now free the 9th, except Looch has practice at 9pm. Could we make the early sitting?

P.S. thanks for the text MarniJackWhite. Hello!!

P.P.S. we are off to the Drones now. woo hoo!

Coz  said about 3 years ago:

Hi mrslooch! Have fun at the Drones! Are you coming to melbs with HYS this time?

Alright! That's it! 9th it is, everything else is minor details.

#Look!

Nice work tinyman!

ghoti-max  said about 2 years ago:

I like food too y'know..

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.