View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Ty Segall

huwzey  said about 3 years ago  or at  8:29PM on Wednesday, May 11 2011 in music

surprised there hasn't been a thread about this guy yet and with a tour looming i thought i'd start one. prolific rocker out of the SF scene doing some great stuff
links to some of his tunes here and details of the tour from popfrenzy who are releasing his new album 'Goodbye Bread' in June.

rosevich  said about 3 years ago:

surprise too

this cunt is rad.

celluloid hero  said about 3 years ago:

whoa, i didn't know he was touring. and it's in like 2 months? gonna be awesome!

Zac  said about 3 years ago:

He's a really nice fella!

Love the production sound on his first LP, so raw.

Gorn  said about 3 years ago:

These shows will rule. I've had the new album on constant rotation since it came out.

Gorn  said about 3 years ago:

By ''new'' album I mean Melted.

huwzey  said about 3 years ago:

yeah melted is the tits, his daytotter session from late last year absolutely slays too

rossie1979  said about 3 years ago:

Ty Segall announcement > Van Halen announcement

Pibulus  said about 3 years ago:

Id like to see David Lee Roth and Ty Seagall have it off.

Eww..

Pino Tambourine  said about 3 years ago:

Fuck yeah, this will rule! Missed him when i was in SF last year, he played a bowling alley with Thee Oh Sees... bummed

memphis  said about 3 years ago:

was that with ecsr? i can't remember the lineup, but they played there with oh see's

blake3030  said about 3 years ago:

Times for tomorrow night?

rigid  said about 3 years ago:

Ty Segall on last

How does Melted compare to Lemons? I'm guessing quite similar with a little more polish and perhaps slightly more complicated arrangements?

Gin and tronics  said about 3 years ago:

A Second Melbourne Ty Segall show this Sunday night at The Tote 7pm!! Tickets only available at the door

Also playing is Bonniwells and Bad aches

etiquetteyet?  said about 3 years ago:

Saturday night sell out?

Jerm  said about 3 years ago:

Super Wild Horsies and Chook Race support tomorrow night btw

BIG PUSSY  said about 3 years ago:

is the sunday show going to be expeno too???

blake3030  said about 3 years ago:

Ty Segall on last

Not good enough!

is the sunday show going to be expeno too???

Less than $30 for an international band (I assume he's not doing the solo with local backing thing) with reasonable supports is not expensive by today's standards.

jbiz  said about 3 years ago:

Tickets are no longer available online for Saturday night. Anyone got a spare ticket for sale?

esquared  said about 3 years ago:

friggin ruled in sydney.

memphis  said about 3 years ago:

with straight arrows?

View Comments 20 to 44

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

huwzey  said about 1 year ago:

Twins is so sick, like a heavier version of Goodby Bread, in a fuckin good way. hope someone releases it locally here so there is a chance of a tour. otherwise i'd be pretty tempted to put my year 10 business studies skills to good use and bring him out myself

Cooperative Music  said about 1 year ago:

It's out now on Spunk/ Cooperative locally

blake3030  said about 1 year ago:

hope someone releases it locally here so there is a chance of a tour. otherwise i'd be pretty tempted to put my year 10 business studies skills to good use and bring him out myself

I reckon he'll be back here soon enough. Hopefully for Golden Plains.

Last tour was ace.

huwzey  said about 1 year ago:

Hopefully for Golden Plains.

yeah shit yeah that would be awesome

Northside  said about 1 year ago:

Here's the whole new Ty Segall record. Sounds rad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXXmBNa4Tw0

mule  said about 1 year ago:

who is this guy?

steveholt  said about 1 year ago:

In the vain of bands on Goner and In The Red mule. If you like stuff like Thee Oh Sees, Sic Alps, et. al. you'll like him.

His show at Tote (this year?) was great.

Been playing Slaughterhouse a lot this year and loved the White Fence collab. Haven't yet got Twins.

Gorn  said about 1 year ago:

Tote show was last year.

gabbo  said about 1 year ago:

I still can't get into him, but haven't tried that White Fence thing yet. Is it a worthy gateway?

hyperfuzz  said about 1 year ago:

Yeah, worth a listen. I didn't really like the newest one.

i don't like the way he is being promoted as 'prolific' cause he's released 'three albums this year but this is the first solo one'...i'm talking specifically about fbi radio. it's kind of absurd, cause when they play the music it's obvious it's been done quickly. it's loose, the recordings are pretty shit and the songwriting is pretty ambivalent. i know this is a 'style' and what not but i'm kind of over it.

that was a drunken rant, however i don't recant it...that being said i've found i like some songs quite a lot, like a lo fi queens of the stoneage or something.

zombo  said about 1 year ago:

didn't get into him until ''Slaughterhouse''. whirl that one from start to finish if you haven't already, it's gear!

blake3030  said about 1 year ago:

promoted as 'prolific' cause he's released 'three albums this year

He releases about three albums every year.

Victor Brasilia  said 13 days ago:

New single Feel is killer. Will someone please bring this cat (and Fuzz) again here again soon?

Pex  said 13 days ago:

last I've heard is Ty Segall's performance fee in Europe is 10,000 Euros minimum. If same for Australia I guess we won't see him unless some big festival coughs up the money...

bungle  said 13 days ago:

is that a lot?

Pex  said 13 days ago:

who knows?

Victor Brasilia  said 13 days ago:

Seems a bit steep. I'm sure he doesn't get that to play in SF.

Maybe some government cash would help. Melbourne Music Week, I'm looking at you.

huwzey  said 9 days ago:

If same for Australia I guess we won't see him unless some big festival coughs up the money...

laneway apparently

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.