View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Kim Jong-il... what a man!

Ben  said about 3 years ago  or at  9:15PM on Thursday, February 3 2011 in chat

apparently Kim Jong-il has performed some amazing achievements

• Even before his birth, the future leader of North Korea was triggering miracles. Official biographers say his birth in a cabin on the slopes of Baekdu Mountain in February 1942 was foretold by a swallow and heralded by a double rainbow. When he was born, a new star appeared in the night sky.

• The first time he picked up a golf club, in 1994, Kim reportedly shot a 38-under par round on North Korea's only golf course, including 11 holes-in-one. He then decided to retire from the sport for ever.

• Kim has the ability to alter the weather simply through the power of thought.

• The fledgling leader was a genius as an infant, with official North Korean biographies stating that he had learned to walk at just 3 weeks and was talking at 8 weeks.

• As a junior high school pupil in Pyongyang, he corrected and chastised his teachers for their incorrect interpretations of history.

• Kim wrote six full operas in two years, ''all of which are better than any in the history of music,'' according to his official biography.

• He designed the Tower of the Juche Idea, a 170-metre tower in the east bank of the River Taedong in central Pyongyang that is topped by a glowing red flame.

• Kim's official biography also claims that he wrote 1,500 books during his time at Kim Sung Il University, from where he graduated in 1964.

• According to the Korea Central News Agency, Kim is an expert on all aspects of the film industry and ''improved the scripts and guided the production'' of the movie ''Diary of a Girl Student.'' His favourite movies are reportedly ''Friday the 13th,'' ''Rambo'' and anything starring Elizabeth Taylor.

• Kim reportedly employs a servant to inspect every grain of rice that is served to him. Any with the most minor of flaws is discarded.

Ben  said about 3 years ago:

PondRepellent  said about 3 years ago:

tinyman  said about 3 years ago:

oh c'mon. he is not Chuck Norris.

Those icecreams look like Golden Gaytimes...

I wanna see a showdown between him and Chuck

artvandelay  said about 3 years ago:

one of his finest cinematic features, the soundtrack is just amazing

artvandelay  said about 3 years ago:

KevinArnold  said about 3 years ago:

Dead.

untold/animals  said about 3 years ago:

Beauty queen dead at 28
Former Miss Venezuela Eva Ekvall has lost her battle with breast cancer a year after being diagnosed.

?

toadphoney  said about 3 years ago:

THIRD

poprocks96  said about 3 years ago:

Devastating.

electricsound  said about 3 years ago:

how long had he been il?

LOL

Too soon.

Actionralf  said about 3 years ago:

It's Ashton Kutcher yo

max bulk  said about 3 years ago:

how long had he been il?

If only one person died for this joke to be possible, it was worth it.

sting-bono  said about 3 years ago:

His son, menta lee il, will now take power

juicenewton*  said about 3 years ago:

That haircut has been sweeping inner-city stylists for a while now. I call it the WW2 as my grandfather rocked it hard in the 40s and 50s.

pfinger18  said about 3 years ago:

Over to you young Kimmy.

KevinArnold  said about 3 years ago:

Thats the look of father thats terribly unimpressed with what he's brought into this world.

tugboat  said about 3 years ago:

His legacy, a monster movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6OqNGbw8Ek

fROMSEVO  said about 3 years ago:

''The North said it would place Kim's body in the Kumsusan memorial palace in Pyongyang and that his funeral would be on December 28. No entertainment will be allowed during an 11-day mourning period, and the country will accept no ''foreign delegations hoping to express condolences'', it said.''

TheBastard  said about 3 years ago:

I was always impressed with the mass gymastics all those people just putting on a show for him. That is one legacy that sticks in my mind

Now what will all those people do with themselves?

Wyld Ted  said about 3 years ago:

Kim Jong-il... what a man!

Fight each other, the police state win

astrousersasmind  said about 3 years ago:

whatever the regime tells them to I guess. Kim jong-un would probably like them to do another mas gymnastic demonstration to celebrate his ascension. I'd still like to know why his two older brothers were passed over, they must have really annoyed Kim Jong-il.

anonymous  said about 3 years ago:

Making Michael Jackson's gold coffin look positively pedestrian.

According to the latest reports he isn't, and won't be embalmed. So he's slowly stinking up the glass coffin.

THEY SHOULD MARINATE HIM!

This is the basic marinade recipe for Korean meats. This marinade makes enough for 1 pound of meat. I usually triple this recipe and keep it stored for use on anything from chicken drumsticks to sliced steak.
Prep Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

3 Tbsp chopped garlic (about 2 cloves)
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp fresh squeezed juice from an Asian pear
1 Tbsp Japanese rice wine (mirin)*
1 Tbsp sesame oil
3 green onions, finely chopped (including white part)
1 tsp pepper

pfinger18  said about 2 years ago:

Ha! Good thinking Toad. In death he will provide the starving mass's with their first meal since he took power.

JRB  said about 2 years ago:

I say pickle him and serve him up as KIM-chi.

Coz  said about 2 years ago:

I was always impressed with the mass gymastics all those people just putting on a show for him. That is one legacy that sticks in my mind

I feel dirty for watching such a funky video of mass oppression.

Also, this thread title always reminds me of this:

Wyld Ted  said about 2 years ago:

He was Mongolia's best leader

pfinger18  said about 2 years ago:

''North Korea has also claimed Kim’s death generated a series of spectacular natural phenomena, creating a mysterious glow atop a revered mountain, cracking a sheet of ice on a lake with a loud roar and inspiring a crane to circle a statue of the nation’s founder before perching in a tree and drooping its head in sorrow.''

http://www.smh.com.au/world/something-fishy-in-pyongyang-20111224-1p95q.html#ixzz1hQURFacC

Davel  said about 2 years ago:

so ronery, so ronery

garumph  said about 2 years ago:

anonymous  said about 2 years ago:

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.