View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

The Aesthetics / Crude

mswahili  said about 4 years ago  or at  5:07PM on Thursday, October 21 2010 in music

Thought these guys deserved a more general thread that wasn't gig-specific...

www.myspace.com/theaestheticsss
aesthetx.blogspot.com

www.crude.co.nz
crude2010-2019.blogspot.com

I highly recommend the (not-so) new Aesthetics LP 'Ugly Ambition'. Killer propulsive scuzz noize skronk rock!

mswahili  said about 4 years ago:

Looks like there've been a couple of Crude shows already, but here's what I know of the rest of the tour:

Thurs 21st Oct
· The Aesthetics, Dead Ants Rainbow, Heavy Turkey, Helter Skelter - workers

Fri 22nd Oct
· The Aesthetics - warehouse party, venue TBA ??? [any info would be appreciated! Though probably best not to post the exact address here for a warehouse gig...]

Sat 23rd Oct
· The Aesthetics, Panel of Judges, Zond, Hissey Miyake - tote
· The Aesthetics - pony 2am

Fri 29th Oct
· PITS, Automating, Crude - sunshine & grease

anyone know if there are any Sydney dates planned?

cooper.  said about 4 years ago:

I'm keen to try to make it to one of these shows. I've been trying to find some of their stuff for download with no luck, any leads?

drazic  said about 4 years ago:

Just Melb apparently. I think they were planning a Sydders show, but it fell through.

cooper - HEAPS of Crude material is available for download, but Aesthetics stuff is pretty much streaming-only.

Hellzapoppin  said about 4 years ago:

Big fan of all of Matt's bands, really quite bummed that I'm out of town this weekend and going to Low this eve so I'll end up missing all the Aesthetics action. 'My Right To Riches' is a slice of skronkfuzz history.

Want me to grab you a copy of the LP, hellza? It's really very good. Bonus CD 'Go to Hell' comes with it too.

Hellzapoppin  said about 4 years ago:

I'd love one but my bank account says 'fuck up cunt'.. I own everything else they have done.. alas.

Small crowd but they destroyed tonight. By far my favourite upside-down+back-to-front gtr playing, shawm-squawking New Zealanders.

You guys who went to Low instead missed out bad.

hardtop  said about 4 years ago:

kazpatafta  said about 4 years ago:

You guys who went to Low instead missed out bad.

After seeing them both times last night I feel like this. And Low were as wonderful as they always are

Yeah I wasn't dissing Low either really - I like 'em but wasn't in the right mood.

I'm kinda regretting not going to Pony now, even though I usually regret going to Pony.

Glad the Tote show was well-attended. Seemed like everyone was saying 'where have this band been all my life?' Sigh. No-one listens to me.

verticalslum  said about 4 years ago:

Great band. Took me a long time to see them (ten years?), the Tote show was really something and the latest LP is equally enjoyable.

Someone from M+N should bug them for an interview - Frankie?

SGH  said about 4 years ago:

Infuriatingly missed the Aesthetics at every show so far, heard they were great.

Crude on Friday though.

tangy_zizzle  said about 4 years ago:

They were incredible at the tote show and good at pony despite some tech issues and the pony factor.

Grrr. Apparently the Aesthetics played a secret show at Sunshine & Grease last night. Would've been there if I'd known.

Oh well. Crude Friday.

SGH  said about 4 years ago:

Oh well. Crude Friday.

That's tonight!

fullonidle  said about 4 years ago:

yes. 8pm

labrish  said about 3 years ago:

Matt Crude is apparently based in Melbz now. XCITING.

Hellzapoppin  said about 3 years ago:

He certainly is, going to be good.

national_highway_31  said about 3 years ago:

OFF on right now.

slazza  said about 2 years ago:

He has already played a couple of shows. They were pretty good. Looking forward to more, I feel you never know what you are going to get.

alec m  said about 2 years ago:

I really loved the Aesthetics show last night. This song was especially good: http://youtu.be/w63Q6WDtSBE

alec m  said about 2 years ago:

Upcoming Crude show:

(This) Thursday 20th September
The Sporting Club Hotel, 27 Weston St, Brunswick
With - Hot Palms / Bleach Boys

FB: http://www.facebook.com/events/257229761060770/

Free, 8PM.

Gorn  said about 1 year ago:

Matt Middleton playing solo tonight at NSC Monday Night Mass w/ The Ocean Party & Hot Palms.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.