View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

PAULKIDNEYEXPERIENCE+AKTIONUNIT+THEDONKEYSTAIL+RUBBISHTHROWERS+EKOEKOAZARAK

switchbladesisters  said about 3 years ago  or at  3:16PM on Tuesday, June 22 2010 in events

PAUL KIDNEY EXPERIENCE
AKTION UNIT
THE DONKEYS TAIL
RUBBISH THROWERS
EKO EKO AZARAK

PKE/AU SPLIT CD LAUNCH

SATURDAY JULY 23
OLD BAR
$10

FrankieTeardrop  said about 3 years ago:

Bulk rad!

Ron  said about 3 years ago:

Haha! That flyer is a shocker. Nice work Troy.

This Friday, horsemothers.

Tonight, not Saturday as the first post states.

ladyelle  said about 3 years ago:

see ya there!

And stick around after the bands for DJ Montenegro's cavalcade of fruity delights.

Ben  said about 3 years ago:

I started talking to a random bloke last night at the Lichens show at Sunshine and Grease (who coincedently released the first PKE cd) and when he heard that Paul Kidney was fronting a band here in Melbourne he kinda lost his shit.

He hadn't seen Paul do his thing since the 90's in Sydney... and said he was so happy to hear the PKE existed.

Bells On!

JRB  said about 3 years ago:

Fuck you Graveyard Train CD Launch, I'm off to this puppy instead!

karencarpenter  said about 3 years ago:

craigy

Old Bar are also hosting Craig Dermody's Para Vista Social Club exhibition, from 6pm tonight.

You're a good one JRB

yeah Karen! A top night assured!

kazpatafta  said about 3 years ago:

need to get over this hangover so i can come to this

i was thinking it was on saturday for ages

Jacky_Chiles  said about 3 years ago:

Just putting this out there. Does anybody have a guitar amp I can use. I'm in Rubbish Throwers. My amp situation fell through.

Jacky_Chiles  said about 3 years ago:

Sorted.

hi-fives!

So much love in the room.

FUCK! I'm triple booked. Quick, what are the playing times???

The Paul Kidney Experience - 12 - 12.40
Aktion Unit - 11.15 - 11.45
The Donkey's Tail - 10.20 - 11
Rubbish Throwers - 9.25 - 10.05
Eko Eko Azarak - 8.40 - 9.10

$10 on door

Aktion Unit 23/07/10 -

Rene Schaefer - bass
Dan Lewis - guitar/effects
Mark Skelton - synth/effects
...Matthew Jonas - drums
Daisy Buchanan - vocals
K.A. Farnsworth - tenor saxophone

...and Prue Rees-Lee - cello

PKE not on 'til midnight? Fucken sweet. Won't be a problem.

wow!

Gorn  said about 3 years ago:

Sorry I can't make it guys. I'm sure it will be EPIC.

buffytufnel  said about 3 years ago:

The last time I had any sleep was Wednesday night. Four hours worth. I can't get the yodelling bit from Cranberries' Zombie out of my head. Will Jesus come tonight? I hope so. He promised. Feel free to dose me, internet randoms.

Jesus is at the bar!

head on down now folks

mallblimps  said about 3 years ago:

proud to be a unit.

by ''proud'' I mean ''nervous''.

cowbell1  said about 3 years ago:

Damn it miss this ..how was it any repports ????

Hellzapoppin  said about 3 years ago:

I didn't make it either... and I was supposed to play.. lame.

Fuken great gig.

An excellent evening of random noise and lumpen musical ideas. Eko Eko Azarak was in fine form. The screaming and writhing on the floor at the end was like an exorcism gone wrong. Rubbish Throwers' freek jazz was pretty damn impressive. A nice burst of energetic drumming at the end.I loved The Donkeys Tail's homemade instruments. An egg slicer nailed to a plank of wood and amplified? Why the hell not? Aktion Unit were our usual shambolic selves.Thanks to kazpatafta for replacing Hellza on keys with little notice. I couldn't hear Daisy's vocal, so I'll have to listen back to the recording to find out what it actually sounded like. PKE were brilliant. Lubricated Goat fed through a mincer and reassembled by intelligent cuttlefish. Lovely.

Yeah thoroughly enjoyed everything last night, even Aktion Unit because I couldn't hear myself. Hopefully my key mashing didn't ruin it for the audience. Sad that my participation was at the expense of Hellza, you were missed man.

I just got home to discover I lost my keys somewhere along the way last night oops

I just got home to discover I lost my keys somewhere along the way last night oops

I'll have a look on stage later. I once lost my H2 recorder and found it there the next day.

Cheers Frankie.

I slept in my friend's bed with my jeans on so hopefully they just fell out then and she'll find 'em when she gets home.

Unfortunately my brain said no to any form of motion last night. I watched a nice doco on the future of air travel though. Glad to hear all went swell and much noise fun occurred. Hope Switchy picked up a nice young one.

Feeling better today?

Quite fine, awoke at 9am and went for a 3hr walk, pleasant way to start the day.

pagey  said about 3 years ago:

i am bummed to have also missed this but felt shiteful last night. heard good reports from my correspondent on the ground though.

Friend found ma keys, phew!

Excellent. The recording sounds great, by the way. Hopefully we can synch it up with some video footage that one of switchy's friends shot.

Excited to hear/see it.

Have a good show tonight Frankie. Look forward to catching Lamefoot another time. Probably catch you tomorrow out and about

A really top night all round.. as Frankie said...

The Donkeys Tail were fantastic to watch... the eggslicer instrument had a bottle cap and a pic (i think) stuck onto the 'neck' , which the guy was pressing on, but had no impact on teh sound whatsoever!... however, it totally added to the show

Does anyone know where you can get the cd?

Troy? Paul?

I meant where can lowly plebs get them. And by lowly plebs I, of course, mean beloved and esteemed fans and music-lovers of refined taste.

thecow  said about 3 years ago:

mooooooo!!!!!!

Julia Dream  said about 3 years ago:

CD's available now from Sunshine & Grease but will soon be discovered at Missing Link and Greville Records. I fear however that music-lovers of refined taste will be on another thread.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.