View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Video Games: The Thread 5

ProDelgado  said about 4 years ago  or at  2:35AM on Wednesday, June 2 2010 in chat

Thread 4 has now started eating posts as well.

Bah.

What are folk playing? I'm still addicted to MW2 online, Red Dead single player, and Football Manager when I can't get to a console.

tinyman  said about 4 years ago:

around this time, maybe should've mentioned E3 in the title as well.

tangy_zizzle  said about 4 years ago:

GTA IV (yes, I'm behind the times), Lord of Ultima.

GTA IV sucks. Lord of Ultima is interesting, but not sure it's my thing. WIll stick it out for a bit to see what happens.

runaredlight!  said about 4 years ago:

E3 should be great this year.

Looking forward to what the name change with EA's NBA titles will bring.

Playing Red Dead, matching up online is rather difficult. Managed to find one player (once) and shot him dead by accident so he left. Never found another player online again.

slothman  said about 4 years ago:

love this new thread smell!

playing red dead too. loving it.

i'm ps3, btw, and i'd like to say how much this new generation of gaming is shitting me. I don't have as much free time on my hands to play games as i used to so it shits me to no end when i put in a game i'm hanging to play, like red dead redemption, and i have to update my system then load in a bunch of trophy information and all this other bullshit i'm not interested in. it's not that long ago that you could put a disc in a console and be playing a new game within 2 mins. what happened to those days? sorry about the rant.

Has anybody created a park on Skate 3 yet?

slothman  said about 4 years ago:

couldn't stand skate 2 so no.

my little diatribe aside i do like playing buzz on the internet

ed  said about 4 years ago:

Still on Dragon Age and Torchlight over here. Gotta love replay value.

k2  said about 4 years ago:

I'm playing Portal, InFamous and FFXIII at the moment. Good times.

CaptainFez  said about 4 years ago:

I've gone backwards. Playing The Operative: No One Lives Forever on PC. OLD but still kinda fun. Gotta love $2 Vinnies finds.

Looking forward to heading home and hunting armadillo's, breaking horses in and getting myself into duels with douches who I shoot 12 times before they even pull their gun out of their pocket.

so I'm 26 hours into FFXIII now (playing it slowly because of uni commitments, but uni is over now..) and it has finally opened up into a free roaming game. It looks spectacular, and is actually quite a lot of fun. I just wish the characters didnt suck so much, and the story wasnt so confusing.

What part are you up to k2? I gave up in some machine like area or more specifically where the black dude and the aussie girl have to press four buttons to get through a door. Much more past that? I'm considering selling it.

im up to Gran Pulse - chapter 11 I think. I got stuck for ages on this boss guy Cid Raines. I seriously dies 10 times trying to kill the fucker, but finally did it after changing many battle team combos and paradigms. Seriously, I feel like the game just started. At least I can grind for a bit now and get my levels and weapons up. I'm doing missions at the moment too.

So the true FF game is yet to come still? I've all but hated every second of it so far. So restricted.

bungle  said about 4 years ago:

playing half life 2 ep 2 on osx right now, it's awesome

happycow  said about 4 years ago:

Red Dead and Mirrors Edge, both on Xbox 360.

In between these I'm in training for my Sonic The Hedgehog Marathon for Charity

If you guess how long it will take me to beat Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Sonic and Knuckles on Mega Drive in one sitting you will win a Sonic Prize pack and a $50 donation to a charity of your choice. No shit.

If anyone wants to host this at their venue it would be much appreciated. Otherwise it's my lounge room.

happycow  said about 4 years ago:

RDR - just saw a bloke ahead of me on a dirt track get off his horse and run into the field and stop. I followed him to see what he was doing. He was taking a piss on a rock. Yellow stream and all. Then when he's done he gets back on his horse and continues about his way.

This game is amazing.

haha. if you see that in your city you'd be disgusted. yet now they're putting it in games y'all loving it.

Haff  said about 4 years ago:

haha. if you see that in your city you'd be disgusted. yet now they're putting it in games y'all loving it.

That just put an image in my head of happycow running up to some guy pissing in the street, watching intently, then saying ''this is amazing, there's a yellow stream and everything''.

hahaha!

View Comments 20 to 3511

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

suey+saints  said about 3 months ago:

Ive been wondering for a year if anyone here played, I am a Resistance agent L10.

moo-core  said about 3 months ago:

Oh, nice. I'm Resistance L7. Did you go to Interitus today if you're in Melbourne or Brisbane? It was really good fun. Lots of awesome people, good battles (and way too many drinks afterwards).

No, couldn't make it into town yesterday, with other priorities, but I tried to contribute to cell MU with stacked fields this past week.
Good to hear you got along to the afterparty... some of those nerds really cut loose

radiotron  said about 3 months ago:

ok long flight coming up i've decided to leave the DSlite and PSP at home
what are some good android games to grab
got Super Bros Sword & Sworcery, Threes, Spelltower and Shortyz
any other recommendations?
was hoping to find a cheap 3ds to play the last Zelda but none presented themselves

seahunt  said about 3 months ago:

Try as I might, I just can never seem to get into phone/ipad gaming. Maybe all the games I've tried are just absolutely shithouse.

Ingress is a bit different as a phone game, because it's location based using GPS. You have to get out there.
I've never really found another game on a phone or tablet that has amused me for more than a week or so.

radiotron  said about 3 months ago:

yeah as you can see i stick to mostly word games and puzzles

anok  said about 3 months ago:

best tablet game i've played is the walking dead thing.

carcassone on iOS is excellent. the android equivalent is just ok, but may be worth a look. i've played it a bunch on planes.

anok  said about 3 months ago:

oh hold up, i forgot about rymdkapsel - it's fantastic.

ProDelgado  said about 2 months ago:

Wow, this thread is still going..?

k2  said about 1 month ago:

Got a PS4 today. Been playing Watch Dogs and despite reading a lot of negative stuff about if, am really enjoying it. Man I love getting a new video game console.

sharptooth  said about 1 month ago:

Cuphead game looks fun

BTW, KMart has a WiiU basic pack in their catalogue today for $179 with Nintendoland and Skylanders, which is mental. I went to get one, but they have sold out in EVERY KMart store, but JB will price match!

CHEAP WiiU!!

bungle  said about 1 month ago:

that is insanely cheap, is that price online somewhere?

http://www.ecogamer.com.au

Third item down. It's also in the KMart catalogue.

anok  said about 1 month ago:

anyone playing mariokart on WiiU?

moo-core  said about 1 month ago:

I'm finally playing Mass Effect 1 because I realised it got released on PSN a while ago. I've already played (read: obsessed over) ME2 and 3, so it's fucking awesome to finally play the original. It's so good, even despite the clunky combat and shitty Mako missions.

My plan for the rest of winter break: play as far through the entire trilogy as I can. Perhaps ignore uni homework until all done.

radiotron  said about 1 month ago:

Just finished Valiant Hearts beautiful.
If you've played this type of game before the puzzles are easy but i was mostly enjoying the art style

luke  said 17 days ago:

Tempted to find my ps2 again, hook it up and start playing pes5/6 again.
It really pisses me off how all these gaming companies don't make it easy to play their good games.
PES 5/6 should be available at the psn store/xbox market place.

I very much doubt PES15 will be any good...

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.