View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Video Games: The Thread 5

ProDelgado  said about 3 years ago  or at  2:35AM on Wednesday, June 2 2010 in chat

Thread 4 has now started eating posts as well.

Bah.

What are folk playing? I'm still addicted to MW2 online, Red Dead single player, and Football Manager when I can't get to a console.

tinyman  said about 3 years ago:

around this time, maybe should've mentioned E3 in the title as well.

tangy_zizzle  said about 3 years ago:

GTA IV (yes, I'm behind the times), Lord of Ultima.

GTA IV sucks. Lord of Ultima is interesting, but not sure it's my thing. WIll stick it out for a bit to see what happens.

runaredlight!  said about 3 years ago:

E3 should be great this year.

Looking forward to what the name change with EA's NBA titles will bring.

Playing Red Dead, matching up online is rather difficult. Managed to find one player (once) and shot him dead by accident so he left. Never found another player online again.

slothman  said about 3 years ago:

love this new thread smell!

playing red dead too. loving it.

i'm ps3, btw, and i'd like to say how much this new generation of gaming is shitting me. I don't have as much free time on my hands to play games as i used to so it shits me to no end when i put in a game i'm hanging to play, like red dead redemption, and i have to update my system then load in a bunch of trophy information and all this other bullshit i'm not interested in. it's not that long ago that you could put a disc in a console and be playing a new game within 2 mins. what happened to those days? sorry about the rant.

Has anybody created a park on Skate 3 yet?

slothman  said about 3 years ago:

couldn't stand skate 2 so no.

my little diatribe aside i do like playing buzz on the internet

ed  said about 3 years ago:

Still on Dragon Age and Torchlight over here. Gotta love replay value.

k2  said about 3 years ago:

I'm playing Portal, InFamous and FFXIII at the moment. Good times.

CaptainFez  said about 3 years ago:

I've gone backwards. Playing The Operative: No One Lives Forever on PC. OLD but still kinda fun. Gotta love $2 Vinnies finds.

Looking forward to heading home and hunting armadillo's, breaking horses in and getting myself into duels with douches who I shoot 12 times before they even pull their gun out of their pocket.

so I'm 26 hours into FFXIII now (playing it slowly because of uni commitments, but uni is over now..) and it has finally opened up into a free roaming game. It looks spectacular, and is actually quite a lot of fun. I just wish the characters didnt suck so much, and the story wasnt so confusing.

What part are you up to k2? I gave up in some machine like area or more specifically where the black dude and the aussie girl have to press four buttons to get through a door. Much more past that? I'm considering selling it.

im up to Gran Pulse - chapter 11 I think. I got stuck for ages on this boss guy Cid Raines. I seriously dies 10 times trying to kill the fucker, but finally did it after changing many battle team combos and paradigms. Seriously, I feel like the game just started. At least I can grind for a bit now and get my levels and weapons up. I'm doing missions at the moment too.

So the true FF game is yet to come still? I've all but hated every second of it so far. So restricted.

bungle  said about 3 years ago:

playing half life 2 ep 2 on osx right now, it's awesome

happycow  said about 3 years ago:

Red Dead and Mirrors Edge, both on Xbox 360.

In between these I'm in training for my Sonic The Hedgehog Marathon for Charity

If you guess how long it will take me to beat Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Sonic and Knuckles on Mega Drive in one sitting you will win a Sonic Prize pack and a $50 donation to a charity of your choice. No shit.

If anyone wants to host this at their venue it would be much appreciated. Otherwise it's my lounge room.

happycow  said about 3 years ago:

RDR - just saw a bloke ahead of me on a dirt track get off his horse and run into the field and stop. I followed him to see what he was doing. He was taking a piss on a rock. Yellow stream and all. Then when he's done he gets back on his horse and continues about his way.

This game is amazing.

haha. if you see that in your city you'd be disgusted. yet now they're putting it in games y'all loving it.

Haff  said about 3 years ago:

haha. if you see that in your city you'd be disgusted. yet now they're putting it in games y'all loving it.

That just put an image in my head of happycow running up to some guy pissing in the street, watching intently, then saying ''this is amazing, there's a yellow stream and everything''.

hahaha!

View Comments 20 to 3490

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

anok  said about 2 months ago:

Left Behind is so so good. A must-play.

luke  said about 1 month ago:

madcatz mojo is another ''andriod console'' similiar to ''ouya''. More than twice the price, but much better specs. It's meant to come out in Australia soon.
http://madcatz.com/mojo/en-aus/

anok  said about 1 month ago:

Last Of Us gonna be made into a movie, Sam Raimi involved. - link

mrmagoo  said about 1 month ago:

ooh need to get onto Left Behind

dnzr  said 27 days ago:

mrmagoo  said 27 days ago:

started Left Behind, i am really out of practice, the Clickers keep getting me!

King_Rat  said 24 days ago:

I may have asked this somewhere else but is there a stark difference between a $90 steering wheel and the Logitech G27.

I like doing full length GP races and would probably get into Gran Turismo more with one. But not sure whether the price on the logitech is worth it.

seahunt  said 24 days ago:

Heard very good things about South Park RPG. Any chat opinion?

King_Rat  said 24 days ago:

No no me first...

moribunderast  said 24 days ago:

Heard very good things about South Park RPG. Any chat opinion?

I loved it. Played it through in about 12 hours, which is a good length for a South Park game, I think. It's VERY funny and lovingly made, with lots of nice little references to past episodes as well as a solid main storyline. It really feels as if Matt and Trey put as much effort into the writing as they would for a feature film.

Gameplay-wise it's solid if a little repetitive. The turn-based battles get a bit samey but there's not too many (and they're not so long) that it becomes arduous. There's lots of little trinkets and side-missions to keep busy with too.

Basically, if you're a fan of South Park it's a very worthwhile way to spend some time. It's rare that a game makes me genuinely laugh whereas this one had me in hysterics at various times.

moke  said 14 days ago:

So, I'm thinking of moving from PC to Mac, but have a few old Monkey Island games through Steam. I have a bad feeling that they're not going to work. Is that right?

moke  said 14 days ago:

....and that I'll have to re-purchase Mac versions....

bungle  said 14 days ago:

Depends.

What monkey island games do you have?

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=monkey+island

If they have a mac icon next to them you can just install those on your mac, if not it's fairly trivial to install Bootcamp on your mac and boom, you have a full functional windows machine!

moke  said 14 days ago:

Tales of Monkey Island - the episodic one and the remastered Monkey Island 1 & 2.

bungle  said 14 days ago:

Well then you're fine with Tales of Monkey Island (even your saves will transfer over) but no dice on the old ones.

moke  said 14 days ago:

Bootcamp it is then! Thanks Bungle!

CaptainHowdy  said 8 days ago:

i acknowledge i'm two years late to the party, but i've recently become addicted to the simpsons: tapped out. is anyone here playing? i desperately need friends. add me! username: JohnsonRCool

mrmagoo  said 8 days ago:

mrmagoo said 18 days ago:
started Left Behind, i am really out of practice, the Clickers keep getting me!

enjoyed this, too short though! bit too much on the looking around/developing relationship story instead of fighting baddies

makes me want to go back and play the big game all over again

JayBS  said 8 days ago:

What TVs are chats using for their PS3 or X360 gaming? I'm gonna upgrade from my trusty CRT after years of squinting at tiny onscreen text.

Online research throws up a lot of conflicting info about lag time with Plasma and LCD screens so I'm keen to find out if anyone on here has had issues.

k2  said 8 days ago:

Online research throws up a lot of conflicting info about lag time with Plasma and LCD screens so I'm keen to find out if anyone on here has had issues.

Just get an LED backlit LCD, uses less power. I'm surprised plasma is still around. Or OLED if you have too much money and it's blocking the view of your existing CRT.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.