View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Carlton F.C

crackwhore  said about 4 years ago  or at  11:15AM on Sunday, February 21 2010 in chat

Last nights game exposed how much Fev will be missed, the forward line was a shambles with only C Yarram providing some silky skills. Brock Mcleans debut was laughable, clearly a waste of a draft pick. Why the club would want anyone from MFC is mystifying. Rattens time at MFC has clouded his judgement and resulted in picking up a hack. I think there's everychance CFC will struggle to improve on last year, early days i know but that's the gut feeling i'm getting, hopefully i'll be proven wrong.

hyperfuzz  said about 4 years ago:

also, potentially hilarity down at visy park on friday for blues vs lions...

potential, rather.

crackwhore  said about 4 years ago:

i hope Fev lines up and tears CFC a new hole. A rookie at CFC told me Fisher is regarded as the nicest bloke on the list which may explain why he's still there, maybe not for much longer though.

team ham sandwich  said about 4 years ago:

go dee's.

hahahaha THS, i've been expecting you. Dees vs Freo should be exciting today from a rookie/supercoach perspective.

yeah, cant watch it unfortunately from the US. Going to have to watch online updates / listen online to SEN.

MountainMan  said about 4 years ago:

did judd or waite play much in HF?

HF? Half Forward?

MountainMan  said about 4 years ago:

yeah, half forward.

the midfield is packed, so i figure one of those can move forward, although waite is more of a swingman.

Waite needs to play off the half backline in a L.Hodge type role. Our defence is still dodgy. Judd will play more in the forward line resting instead of being benched .

hughsie  said about 4 years ago:

go dees.

zero hilarity on friday at visy park HF, Fev must have had Lara Bingle on his mind.

39 point loss to the west coke beagles not so good, murphy and waite back and firing very good. Carn the Blues!

Review of the game vs Adelaide from the Herald sun -

''Worryingly, former Melbourne midfielder Brock McLean didn't win much of of the ball and looked slow when he did.''

Awesome.

dude, i think we have well established the fact that Brock is as slow as an old moll, you need to move on and let the pain of Brocks desertion from MFC subside.

turtle  said about 4 years ago:

move on and let the gain of Brocks desertion from MFC ride.

fixed

concentrate on fixing Col's jaw turdle.

Kreuzer to kick 6 at fullforward, Fev who!

eucalyptus  said about 4 years ago:

No Judd tonight, oh dear.

View Comments 20 to 822

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

anonymous  said about 2 months ago:

judd out 6-8 weeks.

blues season done?

whatwhat  said about 2 months ago:

players are dropping like flies this pre-season!

poprocks96  said 11 days ago:

bump.

whatwhat  said 11 days ago:

Go Dees!

steveholt  said 11 days ago:

What odds would get on Malthouse losing his job by bye round?

history  said 11 days ago:

Rebuild?

GrantleyBuffalo  said 9 days ago:

[Bruce] Mathieson has already had one stint on the Carlton board and has a nephew, Craig [MATHIESON], who’s there now.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/message-for-carlton-no-messiahs-in-the-modern-game-20140413-zquav.html#ixzz2yoeI2nme

gabbo  said 9 days ago:

that board have more problems than just the onfield performance. Kernahan will go, several board members will go, and the AFL should look into some player contracts.

gabbo  said 9 days ago:

the messiah complex really doesn't work at Carlton.

crackwhore  said 9 days ago:

nothing seems to be working at Carlton, i'm expecting a horror year much like the 2003-07 wilderness years.

sting-bono  said 9 days ago:

They've got to clean out the 95 team and the board. I hope Bruce Mathieson makes a move. Luke Williams quitting as recruiter before the draft spoke volumes - personal reasons or not. Hughes is gone and Rogers should follow. Daisy over Chapman ffs. Malthouse is a good coach but a bad fit with archaic anal retentive discipline, seems like the team resent him esp the forwards.

hungryhungryhippo  said 9 days ago:

This is Sticks last year as President anyway.

radiotron  said 9 days ago:

radiotron  said 9 days ago:

potcrok  said 9 days ago:

Their current situation has been coming for a while. Best players are their older ones who are due for retirement and younger ones are not coming on. Pressure for success has hurt and they've gone for quick fixes rather than long term solutions. Despite a few year years of playing in finals they never went past the semis. They missed last 2 years( only got in last year on technicality) and the rebuild is long overdue. Thomas was a mistake. Mick i'm not so sure. He overtook a wooden spoon winning Collingwood in 99 and took them within 9 points of a flag just 3 years later. Scotland and Carazzo should be retired while Judd and Waite around for 1 year to support rebuild. Trade Kruezer and Gibbs and start again. Go after free trade with the spare cash and try and grab a few giants/ suns players with trades.

the problem is poor recruiting, Patrick Cripps excluded. Murphy struggles with a hard tag and is too easily pushed off the ball,Simpson puts in every week but needs more support. Gibbs is a receiver and Kruezer is always injured. Judd has slowed in pace and gets caught too often throwing the ball onto his boot resulting in a turnover a'la Mitch Robinson. Waite is either injured or suspended. Hendersen needs more support. Scotland has been a great servant but is in his last season, same goes for Carrots.The jury is still out on Bell,Everitt and Docherty, but not for long.Garlett and Yarran put in cameos. Ellard, Curnow, Lucas, Armfield, White,McInnes etc, etc are all C graders or lower. It's not a great list by anyones standards.

and sting-bono, Daisy wasn't taken over Chappy, he chose the bombers over us due to his relationship with Bomber Thompson.

crackwhore  said 3 days ago:

Juddy named as sub……..WTF ?

MelonHCST  said 3 days ago:

And he's injured again

jimmy hutspah  said 3 days ago:

Sting bono - chapman is 32 playing probably his last year, daisy is in his mid twenties. You'd have taken daisy over Chap anyday, and I'm a Geelong supporter.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.