View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Carlton F.C

crackwhore  said about 4 years ago  or at  11:15AM on Sunday, February 21 2010 in chat

Last nights game exposed how much Fev will be missed, the forward line was a shambles with only C Yarram providing some silky skills. Brock Mcleans debut was laughable, clearly a waste of a draft pick. Why the club would want anyone from MFC is mystifying. Rattens time at MFC has clouded his judgement and resulted in picking up a hack. I think there's everychance CFC will struggle to improve on last year, early days i know but that's the gut feeling i'm getting, hopefully i'll be proven wrong.

hyperfuzz  said about 4 years ago:

also, potentially hilarity down at visy park on friday for blues vs lions...

potential, rather.

crackwhore  said about 4 years ago:

i hope Fev lines up and tears CFC a new hole. A rookie at CFC told me Fisher is regarded as the nicest bloke on the list which may explain why he's still there, maybe not for much longer though.

team ham sandwich  said about 4 years ago:

go dee's.

hahahaha THS, i've been expecting you. Dees vs Freo should be exciting today from a rookie/supercoach perspective.

yeah, cant watch it unfortunately from the US. Going to have to watch online updates / listen online to SEN.

MountainMan  said about 4 years ago:

did judd or waite play much in HF?

HF? Half Forward?

MountainMan  said about 4 years ago:

yeah, half forward.

the midfield is packed, so i figure one of those can move forward, although waite is more of a swingman.

Waite needs to play off the half backline in a L.Hodge type role. Our defence is still dodgy. Judd will play more in the forward line resting instead of being benched .

hughsie  said about 4 years ago:

go dees.

zero hilarity on friday at visy park HF, Fev must have had Lara Bingle on his mind.

39 point loss to the west coke beagles not so good, murphy and waite back and firing very good. Carn the Blues!

Review of the game vs Adelaide from the Herald sun -

''Worryingly, former Melbourne midfielder Brock McLean didn't win much of of the ball and looked slow when he did.''

Awesome.

dude, i think we have well established the fact that Brock is as slow as an old moll, you need to move on and let the pain of Brocks desertion from MFC subside.

turtle  said about 4 years ago:

move on and let the gain of Brocks desertion from MFC ride.

fixed

concentrate on fixing Col's jaw turdle.

Kreuzer to kick 6 at fullforward, Fev who!

eucalyptus  said about 4 years ago:

No Judd tonight, oh dear.

View Comments 20 to 867

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

chimpassgimp666  said about 3 months ago:

What about Woods? Derp

crackwhore  said about 3 months ago:

the big fella was a bit stiff, i can cut him some slack as he hasn't played much, Ellard on the other hand…...

Bartel and Johnson out for the handbaggers, now's the chance to roll 'em for the first time at Etihad in 7 years, c'mon Blues !

anonymous  said about 3 months ago:

Wouldn't put it past them, big game for the cats last week, and they'd be looking forward too the hawks a bit.

whatwhat  said about 3 months ago:

rowe to have the big job on tomahawk. big test, but i reckon he's up to it - mick's done great things for him and levi.

agreed whatwhat, also it'll be the first time in 12 years at Etihad if they can win tonight, not 7.....sheesh.

moribunderast  said about 3 months ago:

Can Mick break his duck against Chris Scott? Currently 5-0 Scott's way against Mick thus far (though 3 of those losses are Collingwood's).

Carlton always match up against the Cats so it's generally a close and stressful game.
Carlton have a very real chance to comfortably win the midfield battle if Judd/Gibbs/Murphy play well and Geelong's 2nd-tier mids don't step up for Bartel/Johnson. I think the Blues are every bit a chance but it would be poor of Geelong to drop this one a few weeks out from finals when they should be building momentum toward a Premiership tilt.

I'll be there, probably getting annoyed by Blues fans like YOU LOT. So there.

i concur, enjoy the game moribunderast, should be a good one !

jimmy hutspah  said about 3 months ago:

I'm a bit worried about tonight to be honest.

MelonHCST  said about 3 months ago:

How does Armfield still get a game?

slothman  said about 3 months ago:

the commentators dropped that ''13 in a row'' stat of yours at the end of the game, crackwhore.

the coaching panel get sucked in by Armfeild's pace….he has no ball savvy. Was close (again !) but no cigar, great game to watch though.

bloody hell, ok there's outs (Walker , Henderson etc) but the players getting de-listed ( Armfeild,McLean, Warnock, Watson , ellard , etc) weren't even playing ! Frightening really, i worry for the future.

throw Carrots in there too !

whatwhat  said about 3 months ago:

That's the best game Port has played in half a season - so slick with their ball movement. They just did not turn it over.

Mick reeled out the same excuse as Roos - players have been up and are now tired. It's a cop-out.

Sunnyboyz  said about 3 months ago:

Definitely an excuse - especially against a Port team that is still amongst the youngest in the comp. Hinkley is just a way better coach.

anonymous  said about 3 months ago:

2nds lost by 130 today and thirds by about the same. Tough weekend.

poprocks96  said about 3 months ago:

What is Malthouse's problem with Mark Stephens from channel 7? It's so embarrassing to watch him talk to journo's like that.

jimmy hutspah  said about 3 months ago:

Journo is a complete knob. I'm on Micks side with this one.

gabbo  said about 3 months ago:

Yeah. Stevo has no redeeming qualities or outwardly obvious skills. Mick is spot on with his disdain, and I still hope a Coaches Union begins a wide and united front against his pointlessness.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.