View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Carlton F.C

crackwhore  said about 5 years ago  or at  11:15AM on Sunday, February 21 2010 in chat

Last nights game exposed how much Fev will be missed, the forward line was a shambles with only C Yarram providing some silky skills. Brock Mcleans debut was laughable, clearly a waste of a draft pick. Why the club would want anyone from MFC is mystifying. Rattens time at MFC has clouded his judgement and resulted in picking up a hack. I think there's everychance CFC will struggle to improve on last year, early days i know but that's the gut feeling i'm getting, hopefully i'll be proven wrong.

hyperfuzz  said about 5 years ago:

also, potentially hilarity down at visy park on friday for blues vs lions...

potential, rather.

crackwhore  said about 5 years ago:

i hope Fev lines up and tears CFC a new hole. A rookie at CFC told me Fisher is regarded as the nicest bloke on the list which may explain why he's still there, maybe not for much longer though.

team ham sandwich  said about 5 years ago:

go dee's.

hahahaha THS, i've been expecting you. Dees vs Freo should be exciting today from a rookie/supercoach perspective.

yeah, cant watch it unfortunately from the US. Going to have to watch online updates / listen online to SEN.

MountainMan  said about 5 years ago:

did judd or waite play much in HF?

HF? Half Forward?

MountainMan  said about 5 years ago:

yeah, half forward.

the midfield is packed, so i figure one of those can move forward, although waite is more of a swingman.

Waite needs to play off the half backline in a L.Hodge type role. Our defence is still dodgy. Judd will play more in the forward line resting instead of being benched .

hughsie  said about 5 years ago:

go dees.

zero hilarity on friday at visy park HF, Fev must have had Lara Bingle on his mind.

39 point loss to the west coke beagles not so good, murphy and waite back and firing very good. Carn the Blues!

Review of the game vs Adelaide from the Herald sun -

''Worryingly, former Melbourne midfielder Brock McLean didn't win much of of the ball and looked slow when he did.''

Awesome.

dude, i think we have well established the fact that Brock is as slow as an old moll, you need to move on and let the pain of Brocks desertion from MFC subside.

turtle  said about 5 years ago:

move on and let the gain of Brocks desertion from MFC ride.

fixed

concentrate on fixing Col's jaw turdle.

Kreuzer to kick 6 at fullforward, Fev who!

eucalyptus  said about 5 years ago:

No Judd tonight, oh dear.

View Comments 20 to 912

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

crackwhore  said 25 days ago:

yeah pity the coaching capers modern greats playing career wasn't so great, renown for being a sniper , less than ordinary player, a reliable coward puncher and will only ever be remembered for starting an all in brawl ( a cheap shot of course ) at an exhibition game in London, dude's a fuckwit basically but fortunately for him his character flaws are painted over because he can coach.....awesome !

solid arse lick , klaximowank.

TheBigShip  said 25 days ago:

go pies!
you do it to yourself Carlton

klaximopark  said 25 days ago:

Solid getting yourself dickheaded, crackwhore.

care factor zero.....dickhead !

sting-bono  said 25 days ago:

Clarkson is a turd. No two ways about it. He's a good coach but it's hard to do wrong with a team like that, reminds me of Bomber Thompson enjoying his sandwiches in the coach's box during Geelong games when they dominated. Cruise control. I know diehard Hawthorn supporters and people linked to the club from top down who echo what crackwhore just said. Clarkson was away with illness for most of last season and he wouldn't let Ratten take his spot that's for sure - says a lot imho.

I take back what I said about a Carlton rebuild so early in the season. Good idea.

radiotron  said 17 days ago:

Ouch.
You can have James Aish he would fit in nicely with you guys.

whatwhat  said 17 days ago:

i actually feel sorry for mick. it's not his fault the recruiting over the last 20 years has been abject. as a melbourne supporter, i know the feeling well of looking at the exciting new kids that promise so much anywhere from two to ten years down the track going 'how're you so hopeless?!?'

Sunnyboyz  said 17 days ago:

I had no idea Liam jones played for Carlton now. What a sad and bad move.

crackwhore  said 16 days ago:

seen C grade ammos play a better standard of football........disgraceful, really.

TagoMago  said 16 days ago:

will merge with Melbourne within 3 years. 'Melbourne Blues' is quit apt, really.

Gordon  said 16 days ago:

whatwhat said 14 hours ago:
i actually feel sorry for mick. it's not his fault the recruiting over the last 20 years has been abject. as a melbourne supporter, i know the feeling well of looking at the exciting new kids that promise so much anywhere from two to ten years down the track going 'how're you so hopeless?!?'

I disagree. Not the bit about Melbourne but re Mick and the recruiting. 3.5 years ago Carlton lost a semi by 3 points at Subiaco. From that game only 3 players still at the club have cracked the age of 30. Scotland has retired. Mick ditched Laidler, 25, a regular in a top 4 side. Betts, 28, and Garlett, 25, were sent away and Duigan kind of forced to retire. Robinson, who was the top disposal winner on the day and was getting better under Ratten became shit again under Mick, is 25 and at Brisbane now. The three lowest possession getters of Thornton, Joseph and Davies are gone with Setanta going to GWS before Mick's time. 13 players from that day are still at the club and 28 or under.

The team has gone backwards under Mick and this time he doesn't have 10 years to get everyone on board with his approach. 2012 they got 44 points, Mick equalled that his first year and got 30 the next. They're looking at less this year.

sting-bono  said 16 days ago:

I don't think it's easy to bottom out like that, it takes effort and a lot of undermining to be so shit, and I think the reason for it is the behind the scenes power play. How good can a club be when at any given time half of its board want it to fail so they can take over, the shitty decisions are not accidental.

I think there's a trickle down effect going on. You need to look at the dysfunctional board, Carlton have the Mathieson camp and the Pratt camp competing for total control of the club and they're undermining each other, and ultimately the club, for their own ends. Their pawns are Malthouse who is undermining the the CEO (and isn't up to the standards of modern coaching) because the CEO is undermining him (past pawn Swann tried to fix things and was - let's not bullshit - sacked as CEO by the Matheison camp to usher in their chairman). The end result is a poorly selected list with no skills or ticker because all of the play and attention at carlton is happening off field and ultimately they're not meant to win. Sadly no decent coach or coaching staff now wants to go near the club with a 10 foot pole, players probably the same, but the board thinks it can all be fixed with cash.

crackwhore  said 16 days ago:

as Darryl Kerrigan said '' what is about wogs and cash ?''

sting-bono  said 16 days ago:

Hahaha too true! David Rhys-Jones needs to get down there and straighten this shit out!

crackwhore  said 5 days ago:

let's call it a day.......wrap it up ! Absolute disgrace !!!!

MelonHCST  said 5 days ago:

I support Sydney and even I'm scared by how badly you're gonna lose next week.

anonymous  said 1 day ago:

not even the right thread can get the love today.

chuckler  said 1 day ago:

sting-bono  said 1 day ago:

Nah I want more Mick dirt. This club needs an enema.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.