View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Ads that shit me

GnomeChomsky  said about 4 years ago  or at  4:17PM on Tuesday, July 7 2009 in television

There used to be an advertisement hate thread but I can't find it, so here is the venting thread dedicated to the ads that insult you with their lack of any kind of inteligence or creativity.

Ads I hate include:

1. The Budget Direct ad with the incredibly bad French accent on the lady who pronounces it ''booo-jay'' & her patronising husband/boyfriend who has to correct her pronunciation.

2. Some ridiculous ad about seeing Block Party at the MCA which somehow links Block Party to the MCA through a series of very poor connections, especially a reference to chicken soup & the most famous painting of a soup can being done by Andy Warhol. THAT WAS A TOMATO SOUP CAN PAINTING, YOU AD-TARDS!

3. The debit matercard ad that tries to indicate that you can somehow become a famous rockstar by buying a drumkit with your debit mastercard & then booking a venue with your debit mastercard which will somehow fast track your rockstar career. Did the same people who wrote this ad also write the script for Garage Days???

There are more, I'm sure.

JunkiePhil  said about 4 years ago:

THAT WAS A TOMATO SOUP CAN PAINTING, YOU AD-TARDS!

He did all kinds of Soup, not just tomato

mrsjackwhite  said about 4 years ago:

the ad that claims women have to sleep with their legs together unless they wear the particular pad/tampon to stop leaking.

BULLSHIT!

goldfoot  said about 4 years ago:

That Campbell's Real Stock one with the bint going on about how she is a real housewife and she's in her real house surrounded by her real family when it is obvious they're all actors on a set.

There is chicken in there.

GnomeChomsky  said about 4 years ago:

Yes Junkie, but they refer to the most famous painting, & the tomato soup can painting by Warhol is iconic.

Nah, it's all of them, the peice is 32 cans, all the flavours at the time he made them.

Ohyeah  said about 4 years ago:

i saw those in real life not a month ago. le sigh.

Yeah, I seen em too.
Actualy pretty good in the flesh

GnomeChomsky  said about 4 years ago:

I would argue that the tomato is THE most famous, but I'm happy to agree that I disagree.

i really really really really really really detest the I-select ads

''you'd be a ''insert stupid parable that doesn't make sense'' if you did it any other way''

FUCK OFF YOU PROVIDE A SERVICE THAT THE GOVERNMENT PROVIDES FOR FREE AND YOU CHARGE SUCKERS.

i'd agree with that GC as well.

de.foxus  said about 4 years ago:

the ad that claims women have to sleep with their legs together unless they wear the particular pad/tampon to stop leaking.

BULLSHIT!

agreed. i think the first time i saw that ad i started yelling at the telly.

mrsjackwhite  said about 4 years ago:

I still do, foxy

That doesn't matter at all though, as it's still the most famous painting of a can of chicken soup.

shaun  said about 4 years ago:

all ads shit me

JudyDickslap  said about 4 years ago:

hyperfuzz goes berserk whenever we're watching something and that insurance ad with the insufferable woman who tries to rap comes on.

annehelena  said about 4 years ago:

mrsjackwhite said 16 minutes ago:

BULLSHIT!

I yell at the screen every time I see that one.

The only people to believe it are young girls who haven't yet menstruated, so as soon as they do they'll be so terrified they go and buy that product. Women generally stay loyal to one brand - I for always have been, never entirely consciously - and so BAM. They've another generation of buyers found, simply by trading off (or perpetuating?) the sleepover fears of insecure pre-teen/teenage girls.

NICE ONE GUYS.

Snap on the ''yelling at the telly'' sentiment.

Mel, the girl in that ad, is quite your senior anne.

She doesn't have to believe it to be in the ad, Ohyeah.

View Comments 20 to 589

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

BigBoysSocks  said about 11 months ago:

Nicobate. The singer in the funk band us actually the chap from 90s funk band The Truth.

Tramdriver  said about 11 months ago:

yoghurt - I haven't seen that ad, but I can't stand kids trying to be 'cute' - stab me already.

pfinger18  said about 10 months ago:

I hate you Tom Waterhouse. Hate, hate, hate you.

tugboat  said about 10 months ago:

LovingTheAlien  said about 10 months ago:

that goofy looking ad where the black dude puts his hand in the gold paint or puts gold paint on his body or something like that. i saw it for like 10 seconds but it looked dumb as.

SGH said about 2 months ago:

I'm still puzzled by the budget direct one.

Are we meant to know who this couple are? They're presented in that way.

It's obviously some sort of sexual relationship, even though there's a bit of an age gap there. I know the stereotype is french chicks like that, but why are they pushing it on us? Who gives a fuck how she pronounces it. I really want answers on all this.

farrk! haha! i too never noticed this one but have seen and heard that ad so many times :D

GrantleyBuffalo  said about 10 months ago:

Rebecca Gibney on Words With Friends.

JoeyRamone  said about 10 months ago:

I presumed everyone muted the sound on TV when ads came on. Since obviously they do not, my question is why not?

BigBoysSocks  said about 10 months ago:

Jesus tugboat! Where did you find that?!

tugboat  said about 10 months ago:

Viral stuff

turkey_sandwich  said about 9 months ago:

it's not a car... it's an alfa romeo

hand me the shovel so i can smash that girl in the head!

LovingTheAlien  said about 8 months ago:

turkey_sandwich said 8 days ago:

it's not a car... it's an alfa romeo

hand me the shovel so i can smash that girl in the head!

fuck i hate that ad. yes! a shovel to her head would be ideal!

those gok wan target ads...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbRaWgX7bc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJXdagQvCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXmkOVjpZZY

all those clothes look cheap and horrible.

seahunt  said about 8 months ago:

Anyone heard those Hyundai ads on at the moment which seem to rip Queens of the Stone Age 'Lost Art of Keeping A Secret'?

LovingTheAlien  said about 5 months ago:

that fucking ''fab iron'' ad thats on every night with that goofy ass looking goat woman.

beertickle  said about 5 months ago:

This doesn't shit me, in fact it cracks me up

Nimble

beertickle  said about 5 months ago:

And this one where the creepy bald guy cuddles in kills me every time.

Westpac

pfinger18  said about 5 months ago:

The Old Brooklyn Lantern ad. The overacting was funny at first. Now it's just grating.

chimpassgimp666  said about 4 months ago:

More Dick Smith please

GrantleyBuffalo  said about 1 month ago:

The news.com.au ad on the telly at the moment. Nauseating.

pfinger18  said 18 days ago:

The 10 second promo for House Rules where the woman says ''hooooow beeewtifull'' in her best bogan.

slothman  said 18 days ago:

''you and me always and forever''

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.