View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

How far can you swim underwater?

BADALEX  said about 5 years ago  or at  7:10PM on Friday, August 15 2008 in chat

Because I did twenty metres yesterday and thought to myself ''Mother bitch. I probably can't do fifty metres underwater anymore....''

Fuck that pissed me off.

Rufus  said about 5 years ago:

you're so lame

black wasp!  said about 5 years ago:

Start a thread about it.

Angelic  said about 5 years ago:

Rufus -happy cos tommorrow he comes back to the mainland (fuck knows why)
black wasp! - BA's best stalker friend.

BADALEX  said about 5 years ago:

Rufus- No, I'm fucking awesome which is why I get to you so much and you follow me around like...well. Like Black Wasp! really.

Black wasp!- Eh, you fucking love it.

svelteslacks  said about 5 years ago:

i can do a 25 metre pool, then turn around and go half way back again.

so that makes it 37.5 metres.

Hrmmm. I'm not sure I could do that at the moment damn it. Fucking bullshit.

crackwhore  said about 5 years ago:

lay off the cock and breathe.

What off fatpork. I bet you couldn't even do twenty.

hmmm, 25m currently but 50m by summer.

Yeah, yeah. Watevs. When I come down to melbourne I am so going beat you at underwater swimming AND drinking.

hahaha i accept your challenge and look forward to making you look amatuer in all your endeavours, bring it on!!

hahahah I look forward to watching your smug look of self-satisfaction turn to pure horror at the realisation you've stepped to the underwater challenge with Namor!

MATTPHEONIXxoxoxo  said about 5 years ago:

I can hold my breath under water for 1minute 12 seconds which kinda amazes me seeing i smoke a lot

luke  said about 5 years ago:

Badalex, I think you should post on mess and noise less.... and swim underwater more.

djbollocks  said about 5 years ago:

Wow. Really lame.

I think you should...do whatever the fuck you like actually.

It's not like I give a tin shit.

badalex, if you did give a tin shit would you want me to do whatever the fuck I wanted to do?

McGauz  said about 5 years ago:

3cm.

McGauz, do you have a fear of drowning?

McGauz  said about 5 years ago:

yep.

That's no good.

TigerDove  said about 5 years ago:

I can do about 25 and a bit metres.

I think I'd be lucky to do about 20 metres. I don't really care about how far I can swim underwater.

TigerDove  said about 5 years ago:

It's really good for your lungs.

Peter  said about 5 years ago:

i think I'm up for this and i reckon I'd be pretty bloody good at it too. the 25-50mtr distance seems to be about average, but I'm so far above average it almost scares me.

Godzilla  said about 5 years ago:

when i was about 10 we used to try swim the length of the pool under water. Then a friend passed out and died doing it.

Wasn't fun anymore.

(He did have a congenital hard problem but it still freaked us out)

basil seal  said about 5 years ago:

Godzilla said 7 minutes ago: when i was about 10 we used to try swim the length of the pool under water. Then a friend passed out and died doing it. Wasn't fun anymore.

if this thread was ever fun it's not anymore... ;-(

luke- Whatever mang. Don't give a fucking shit.

McGauz- Sook.

Peter- Eh, fifty is pretty damn decent.

outerspacextrapnel  said about 5 years ago:

Surely you swim faster when you're on the water? I know I do.

blueberry  said about 5 years ago:

I can do one lap of a 50 meter pool and three laps of the 20 meter.

See, I only have a ten meter to practice with at the moment unless I go to victoria park or something.

toadphoney  said about 5 years ago:

I can do 200 metres underwater with out breathing.

medicineman  said about 5 years ago:

I can make 25 now if everything is right but i'm more likely to come up before 20.

At my peak swimmming performance I could do about 75m on a good day but at least 40 if everything went wrong.

But at that pioint in time i was swim training 3 mornings a week, training for waterpolo 3 times a week, playing 2 waterpolo matches a week at least and regularly partaking of the marathon ocean swim season every summer.

I'm no where near that level of fitness now. it's terribly depressing really.

toadphoney  said about 5 years ago:

Plus I can jump from tree to tree like some kind of super sqirrel man. I should fight crime with these skills but I don't want to be a vigilante and the police force requires too much paper shuffling. So I just fuck around on the weekends and impress chicks. They love it.

Peaches  said about 5 years ago:

'One time I held my breath for 20 minutes!'
'20 minutes? No, don't do it now, save it for the act!'

Peaches  said about 5 years ago:

I'll hold your breath for you?

75m? I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one I'm afraid.

toadphoney- That's heaps bullshit. I fight crime all the time! How do you think I get so much damn pussy eh? Well. besides being rad and fucking aweomse and everything....

three laps of a 25m pool isn't that hard BA. especially given how water fit I was at the time. But I have to say I only did it twice. my average was 2X25m pool laps - so 50M was an average.

You can call bullshit if you want but I wasn't the only one in our team who could do it - nor was I the person who could go the longest underwater either....

Oh, 25m meter pool. I've done that. But that's a bit fucking bullshit because you get the push off at every lap.

I thought you meant a straight fifty metre lap, then another twenty-five.

i may have been unclear - yeah the extra push helps certainly.

Indeed you were. But water polo players are just odd. It's a weird kind of fitness they seem to get.

Treading water with most of your body out of the water for an hour?

Fuck that shit...

Although, I must admit as it's a very violent sport I kind of like watching the women's water polo.

Which over sport features full snatch grabbing as a de rigeur eh?

Only fucking Women's Water Polo.

haha - yeah pretty violent at times - i broke my nose three times duringt he course of my playing career and got into many fights and on the wrong side of a number of coaches.

but damn it was good fun!

but yeah the women's league is way more violent - my sister also played for a long time and we occasionally would play one on one at home (yes it's a strange idea but it is a good training mechanism) and I would always end up with shit loads of cuts on my arm. Whereas when the guys play - it's viuolent but it isn't as obvious - there is allot of surreptitious kidney punching.

My physio is suggesting I get back into it to restrengthen all my stabilising muscles which are now well and truly f^%ked from 5 years of office related recurring neck problems...

knomadix  said about 5 years ago:

25m

GA how about i give you a drinking lesson prior to the swimming lesson.

That sounds like a good way to end up with you drowning in the pool.

Besides, I don't need to learn how to drink like a fourteen year old, I was one already.

How about I teach YOU how to drink Toukay rum eh?

See how you handle that fucking shit.

dude, i love rum, challenge accepted. oh, probably best to book your rehab and AA meetings before i destroy your liver.

kickcat  said about 5 years ago:

dunno

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.