View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Whats wrong with the music Industry...

drtoupee  said about 6 years ago  or at  12:25AM on Tuesday, June 3 2008 in chat

Cunts like YOU!

switchbladesisters  said about 6 years ago:

thank goodness, at least I know what I'm dealing with now

drtoupee  said about 6 years ago:

My pleasure

black wasp!  said about 6 years ago:

Needs more me in the foldback.

Ben  said about 6 years ago:

but Im all for selling out... not like all these other Melbourne indie coolsies.

Are you also talking about people like me? Am I a said cunt too?

Who are you? You tell me!

Im everything thats right with the music industry. I have 2 bands that both dont give a fuck about makin money. Both bands strive for something more than the status quo. I take photos of bands using my own fucked up style that people seem to like, but I dont make a cent from that either.. I just do it cos I love it.

Im I the type o cunt you speak of? JUST GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER!!...or are YOU whats wrong with the music Industry?

You sound like the real deal. Me, i'm not even part of the Industry, I sit in my room writing songs. I am the Bedroom Bandit from sleepy Mordialloc. Let the Industry eat itself... CUNTS!

annehelena  said about 6 years ago:

I don't see why not giving a fuck about making money makes you better. Just seems like a rather contrived statement.

What's wrong with doing something you love and getting paid for it?

Show me the money?

switchbladesisters  said about 6 years ago:

if someone paid me, that'd be nice, but i don't expect it

I'd love the money... but it aint gunna make me wear a neckerchief! know what Im sayin?

in the meantime.. Im all for making the most kickarse rockin funtime enjoyable thing known to mankind. maybe that'll sell??

I am the old man time forgot, I am the eternal hobbyist.

me too!!

black wasp!  said about 6 years ago:

Bong on!

I've fallen in love with you black wasp

MickeyPratt  said about 6 years ago:

it's dying and desperate. there is no one music industry anymore. no one knows what's going on or what's going to happen.

woohoo!

rigid  said about 6 years ago:

doing it for it = it is good
doing it for the money = it will suck
doing it for it + the money rolls right in = bingo!

ashthetenth  said about 6 years ago:

MORDIALLOC!

Have you seen those new apartments near the train station with the huge Mordialloc-themed pic-a-tures on them. WTF?

Say ''hi'' to the plam trees for me next time yr on Main Street.

ashthetenth  said about 6 years ago:

*palm trees

The 'music industry' bores me no end. zzzzzzz

Im goin to bed. goodnigh

View Comments 20 to 142

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

Arthurly  said about 2 years ago:

the music indusrty - a gigantic turd on the lawn of creativity

Dave Doom  said about 2 years ago:

I think the biggest mistake people are making is calling it 'the music industry', really has very little to do with music. Perhaps 'the popular culture industry' would be a more fitting title.

Just take this site for example. I log in here and find great gigs through other chats, never from the published content, it's more concerned with what's popular than what's happening.

hsdfauof  said about 2 years ago:

How do people get inspired, how do you raise consciousness, challenge and provoke thought...its the stuff music is made from. Music is probably the most intimate conversation you can have with someone...people are interesting and inspirational. Music is the language of feelings..I guess popular culture. goes there too..

Britteny Spears - Femme Fatale,

probably the most intimate conversation you can have with someone

It has everything to do with music..

Nobody talks about femme fatales or Britney Spears on here ..do you even listen to love songs..do you even hear what they are saying through their instrumentation..that's not bubblegum pop..that's real love..heart and soul..you have to have it to be a good writer or artist of any description..it's all about the heart..that's why many of us create

has everything to do with music..

Seems we're talking about different things, no bother, the point is rarely seen on here.

I haven't said anything about musicians or writing music. My point is about the industry. The industry that does not support or develop artists unless they have popular appeal, nothing to do with love songs or whatever it is you're going on about.

THATS REAL LOVE..EQUALS REAL MUSIC..FROM THE SOUL!

O...k..then... good luck with that.

I think we are talking about different things..but you have to know these days it's. Much easier to paddle your own canooe..the industry has changed.

Sorry I'm.on my phone..bit difficult with the timing

Easier to paddle your own canoe

Meaning start a bandcamp page or a soundcloud page, give your music away for free, spam the shit out of your friends on facebook, play gigs at a loss, for the love.

losgauchos  said about 1 year ago:

Music's new Maths

Interesting read on what is wrong with the music industry...

black wasp!  said about 1 year ago:

What's wrong with the music industry is the people – inside of it and consuming it.

elbowlickingood  said about 1 year ago:

from Page 2 of losgaucho's link:

$100,000 for placement in a cell-phone commercial

you reckon ECSR got 100k for the AT&T commercial?

Captain Oblivious  said about 1 year ago:

Music's new Maths

Ah, so what's the point of this article?

seahunt  said about 1 year ago:

this has been floating around social media today.

Note it doesn't really say anything about song quality, but then again we all know that has nothing to do with making it in the industry, right?

mule  said about 1 year ago:

I am completely over hearing about the music industry.

Bowie  said about 1 year ago:

Not much. You make music and etc. oh you mean the deification of random dickheads that used to be called 'rockstars'. Oh that's a baby boomer concept that my generation laughed at. I mean as if some dickhead with a guitar has second sight and can guide a generation through life highlighting the complexities of change. Oh hoy hoy!

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.