View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

The Cruel Sea

Hazard_Man  said about 6 years ago  or at  4:38PM on Monday, February 4 2008 in events

''It's been a long time between drinks for iconic Australian outfit the Cruel Sea, but the legendary group return to play in Melbourne and Sydney before their 2008 Blues & Roots Festival performances.

The Cruel Sea released their first album in 1989 and continued to record and tour until 2003, by which time they had produced eight albums, most notably the ARIA Award-winning The Honeymoon Is Over and Three Legged Dog, which debuted at number one.

Tex Perkins, Jim Elliott, Dan Rumour, Ken Gormley and James Cruickshank have pursued other musical projects since the band’s last live shows five years ago, but their collective chemistry remains unrivalled.

Fans can be sure the wait will have been worthwhile for what is likely to be the Cruel Sea’s only shows of 2008.

Thursday 13th March - The Metro, Sydney
With The Vasco Era & The Fumes
Metro Box Office, 9550-3666 www.metrotheatre.com.au.
Ticketek, 132 849 www.ticketek.com.au

Friday 21st March - The Prince Of Wales , Melbourne
With The Vasco Era & The Fumes
Missing Link, 9670-8208, Polyester records 9419-5137, Greville records 9510-3012, POW public bar 9536-1174, 9536-1168 www.princebandroom.com.au

Tickets on sale Monday 11th February

mcbaino  said about 6 years ago:

excellent.

drtoupee  said about 6 years ago:

Fuck yeah!

mrsjackwhite  said about 6 years ago:

I was talking to Jim Elliott this week - they are very excited to be touring again.

memphis  said about 6 years ago:

i've got the most **and **dark horses, would the two mwntioned above be the best selections for more?

mrsjackwhite  said about 6 years ago:

Dark Horses is Tex's side project.

HMIO & 3 Legged Dog are great.

MattuS  said about 6 years ago:

I really dug Over Easy, but it got shat on by reviewers.

On another note, I kinda know Ken through a mate and he is possibly one of the nicest blokes ever.

puretokyo  said about 6 years ago:

fucking tex and the fucking prince of wales

i'm skipping this gig because of how much i fucking hate seeing bands there

anna89  said about 6 years ago:

Fuck what ahhh!

Cruel Sea...Vasco Era...Fumes...all together in my hometown Melbourne...2 days before my birthday...and I WON'T be there? How did this happen!

scallywag  said about 6 years ago:

melbourne's the cruel sea ?

__v  said about 4 years ago:

i really loved this band

found the ''seems twice'' cd single in vinnies yesterday and it's great, reminds me of how good they were when they were good

anyone seen them lately?

dj  said about 4 years ago:

yes -- Golden Plains

__v  said about 4 years ago:

any good?

Jackbratt  said about 4 years ago:

I passed up the chance to see them 2 weeks ago. Still kicking myself. What an amazing band.

VelvetDogge  said about 3 years ago:

Anyone going tonight? Prince o Wales agin..

GayGuysWearBlack  said about 3 years ago:

mrsjackwhite said about 3 years ago:
Dark Horses is Tex's side project.

News to me

GayGuysWearBlack  said about 3 years ago:

puretokyo said about 3 years ago:
fucking tex and the fucking prince of wales

What's that supposed to mean?

bigdaddykane  said about 3 years ago:

They were just ok last night. Glad I didn't pay. So many bogans. Was like the suburbs of Caroline Springs and Hallam sharted all over Fitzroy St.

pfinger18  said about 1 year ago:

They are doing the Day on the Green tour in Oct/Nov. Sandwiched in between Sarah Blasko and Bernard Fanning on the bill, it seems a bit odd.

bigdaddykane  said about 1 year ago:

Tex gotta eat and there's only so many Beasts and Man In Black gigs you can book.

whatwhat  said about 1 year ago:

is it really that odd?

the cruel sea were pretty massive in the early 90s.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.